Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Had a call from Mike at Eurovans to let me know that my Ocean 204 with loads of extras has a confirmed build date of w/c 22 August and should be with me before the end of Sept Ordered end of Oct 2021. He also confirmed price rise won’t apply up to 30th Sept. I’m currently on holiday at Lake Annecy and in my excitement picked up a few items for my new van!

View attachment 95893
Alan, I am exactly the same in timings

Ordered Oct 21
Build date 22nd Aug
Expect delivery late Sept.

Very excited

I ordered my Coast in August 21, took receipt in mid June, was in ‘build’ fir ca 6 weeks, as soon as it it was ready to ship, I got it 2 weeks later. Very pleased with it, I went for white with the silver awning, tow bar, comfort mattress, privacy glass and electric sliding door. A couple of niggles that had been others niggles on here, squeaking bench seat for instance, there’s a great thread on that! No front fogs maybe should have ordered for looks as it’s quite a large black space on the lower bumper, a few chrome additions ordered to break that up a bit. Good luck to those others waiting

Just been collect our new 4MOTION. Ordered 22nd July 2021, so 11 months wait. Guess what, they fitted the wrong bike rack, a Quasimodo instead of a Kylie. I'd only pay for a Kylie which is cheaper, so the order was correct. VW dealers!

After 2 weeks of a VIN appearing on MyVolkswagen site our vehicle popped up last night.....yay! Any idea how long more we should be waiting for actual delivery (in Ireland) from those with experience? Our dealer is next to useless. 3 phone calls since we placed our Cali on order July 2021 and they were ones we made to them!!!

After 2 weeks of a VIN appearing on MyVolkswagen site our vehicle popped up last night.....yay! Any idea how long more we should be waiting for actual delivery (in Ireland) from those with experience? Our dealer is next to useless. 3 phone calls since we placed our Cali on order July 2021 and they were ones we made to them!!!
Hi there, we were told our Cali was built and at the port on June 16th, but it stayed still until yesterday when our dealer (Dublin) said it was being loaded and will arrive into Dublin port over the weekend, so he’ll be in touch next week to start organising things!

Hope yours is on a similar track to Ireland too!

Ordered Oct 21
Build date 22nd Aug

Very excited
We too ordered a 204 Ocean with loads of extras in October ‘21 from Eurovans but haven’t heard anything from them as yet :(

We too ordered a 204 Ocean with loads of extras in October ‘21 from Eurovans but haven’t heard anything from them as yet :(
To be fair I can't fault my dealer which is VW Commercial in Norwich, I get regular updates every 2 weeks or so. The build date has moved around a lot but that"s not in their control, I checked my paperwork today and when I ordered in Oct 21 they gave an estimated delivery date of 26th Sept 22, that might end up pretty accurate.

Hi all. So we took the plunge earlier in the year, threw caution to the wind, ignored the eye-watering price tag and ordered a T6.1 California a couple of weeks before lock-down from VW vans (Liverpool). Since then there have been a number of delays and further delays in the delivery date. Apparently VW (Germany) cannot give any firm build and delivery dates. It appears that when it is built it receives a chassis number and then its progress to the dealer can be tracked. We were originally given mid-May for delivery to the dealer which included 4 weeks from issue of chassis number to delivery to the dealer. Since then we have had several revisions to the predicted delivery date, the latest being end of July / beginning of August which is perilously close to the issue of new registrations on 1st September. Apparently the time from issue of chassis number to delivery to the dealer, 8 weeks is now being quoted not the previous 4 weeks. According to the dealer VW are not giving even any rough indications of build completions or delivery to dealer. Come on VW (Germany), where is the communication with the dealer and customer service here. It can't be that difficult to work out and convey this information. You are leaving customers in limbo and causing worry. The news may not be good but at least communicate it so people can plan / cancel camp sites or even cancel the order. After all by September 1st the season is nearly over. I wondered if anyone else is having similar experiences? Kind regards, David and Helen.
Suggest you ask you dealer for the factory order number, the call VW customer services direct ( not dealer the manufacturer) and ask them to confirm what your dealer is telling you. You are close to 2023 MY where changes may apply and if I’m correct (check) no price protection so maybe in more costly.

Hi there, we were told our Cali was built and at the port on June 16th, but it stayed still until yesterday when our dealer (Dublin) said it was being loaded and will arrive into Dublin port over the weekend, so he’ll be in touch next week to start organising things!

Hope yours is on a similar track to Ireland too!
Exciting times ahead for ye so then. Enjoy your travels and maybe we'll pass each other on the roads.

Picked up our Beach Camper from Breeze Poole on Friday. Very exciting day! Even though we knew exactly what to expect we are completely blown away by how amazing it is! Let the fun begin..

Actually the Cali fun will be slightly delayed as we head off to Cyprus on holiday. Booked that trip expecting to wait until autumn for delivery. Now it’s here early it feels like two Cali weekends wasted :)

We ordered November 2021, build was last week of May, and collection 5 weeks later. Awesome service from Jon at Breeze all the way through.

Last edited:
Picked up our Beach Camper from Breeze Poole on Friday. Very exciting day! Even though we knew exactly what to expect we are completely blown away by how amazing it is! Let the fun begin..

Actually the Cali fun will be slightly delayed as we head off to Cyprus on holiday. Booked that trip expecting to wait until autumn for delivery. Now it’s here early it feels like two Cali weekends wasted :)

We ordered November 2021, build was last week of May, and collection 5 weeks later. Awesome service from Jon at Breeze all the way through.

Pics.. amazing weather yesterday!

View attachment 95970

View attachment 95971

View attachment 95972
Congrats, enjoy Cyprus, safe travels then enjoy your Beach

Pics.. amazing weather yesterday!

View attachment 95970

View attachment 95971

View attachment 95972

Congrats as well. :thumb Nice to see some Beach coming. Little bit jealous but we should collect our Beach in 3 weeks time. We don’t know what to expect as this will be our first California. But very excited to find out.

Finally took delivery of our California Ocean Edition 204bhp 4motion last weekend here in the Netherlands. We bought a previously ordered one at mycalifornia.eu. Apparently it was already ordered in Spring of 2020, we bought it November last year with initial estimated delivery in March/April. Due to the know circumstances this was delayed. Mycalifornia.eu/campers.eu have been excellent though and provided us with a virtually brand new Mercedes Marco Polo af a huge discount so we could still go on our planned holiday at the end of May in a campervan! The extra bonus was that we now know we’ve made the right choice with choosing the Cali, the Marco Polo is a great vehicle but the Cali is just a bit better in every way on the camper side.

So our Cali has almost everything fitted. Tow bar, ACC, lane assist, side assist, media pro and maybe some other things I’m forgetting now.

Just took it on its first strip here in our country!
0C1863F9-4255-4B9D-945F-423E5F477794.jpegCFBECA20-5594-4EE6-993F-184FE74FB0EC.jpeg

OK! Excitement building now!
Update from VW Helpdesk - "This vehicle is at port awaiting shipping. Please bear in mind there is some congestion at the Port with vehicles bound for Ireland so it may have a little bit of a wait before being assigned a boat."
We've waited a year, so another few weeks we will tolerate. Let the accessories shopping begin in earnest and adventures to be planned :)

Mine has been at Sheerness since July 1st. Only an hour‘s drive from the dealer yet they’re still waiting for it. The closer it gets the harder I’m finding the wait.

Had a call from Mike at Eurovans to let me know that my Ocean 204 with loads of extras has a confirmed build date of w/c 22 August and should be with me before the end of Sept Ordered end of Oct 2021. He also confirmed price rise won’t apply up to 30th Sept. I’m currently on holiday at Lake Annecy and in my excitement picked up a few items for my new van!

View attachment 95893
Great to hear, I’ve also been dealing with Mike at Eurovans and he has nothing to offer me, not even a build date. I placed my deposit June 21. I fear I’m going to get caught up in the dreaded price increase which seems very unfair.

OK! Excitement building now!
Update from VW Helpdesk - "This vehicle is at port awaiting shipping. Please bear in mind there is some congestion at the Port with vehicles bound for Ireland so it may have a little bit of a wait before being assigned a boat."
We've waited a year, so another few weeks we will tolerate. Let the accessories shopping begin in earnest and adventures to be planned :)
Oh very excited for you!

Ours got to emden June 16th and apparently finally loaded over the weekend for Dublin. Seems to be the Patara boat if my googling skills correct, but waiting to hear now when it actually arrives!

Great to hear, I’ve also been dealing with Mike at Eurovans and he has nothing to offer me, not even a build date. I placed my deposit June 21. I fear I’m going to get caught up in the dreaded price increase which seems very unfair.
Do you have a tow bar on your order..? Our Ocean has been stuck in build since May 18th and is also a June 21 order. I’m thinking the tow bar is the cause of the delay.

Mine has been at Sheerness since July 1st. Only an hour‘s drive from the dealer yet they’re still waiting for it. The closer it gets the harder I’m finding the wait.
Ours took about 2 weeks from being imported (from Germany to Switzerland) to being at the dealer… nearly there!

Ordered Oct 21
Build date 22nd Aug

Very excited
I’ve contacted Eurovans by email after reading this (as we ordered exactly the same time) and the message from @AlanThom2022! but I’ve not heard anything. Can I just ask if you both had the towbar or towbar prep with your orders? We ordered towbar prep.

I’ve contacted Eurovans by email after reading this (as we ordered exactly the same time) and the message from @AlanThom2022! but I’ve not heard anything. Can I just ask if you both had the towbar or towbar prep with your orders? We ordered towbar prep.
@PhilR our Beach has been in build since w/c June 20th and apparently is waiting on parts. We ordered tow bar prep.

Back