Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 Orders

markab

markab

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Has anyone ordered a T6.1 California in the last couple of weeks, what delivery estimates have you been getting?

Has anyone ordered a T6.1 California in the last couple of weeks, what delivery estimates have you been getting?
Hi Mark, loads of info in the "New T6.1 Order Delays" thread
Settle in, as its a long read. But it's fine as the wait for a new van is longer ;)
There are plenty of folk like me that ordered Coast's around the Nov 20 mark and then there are plenty more others with 4mo Ocean orders with some rare (It would seem) options that are holding things up a little longer. There will be 4Mo customers on here waiting far longer than me, as they have also had to endure the delays with getting the 204 engine RDE2 compliant.

What was you thinking of ordering? Beaches coming through much quicker than Coasts and Coasts coming through quicker that 4mo Oceans.

Just be cautious if your dealer tells you it will only be a few months, as he will be playing fast n loose with the truth ! :thumb

I think we have settled on a coast, likely with LED headlights, rear camera, extra rear window and comfort mattress. Think we will go with an after market tint and wheels as disappointed the 17" wheels are a cost option on the coast only.

we are kind of in the opposite situation, we don't actually want it for about 11-12 months but just trying to gauge when to order to get delivery in that window. Liverpool suggesting new orders at this point will be March next year and wondering what others are finding.

I think we have settled on a coast, likely with LED headlights, rear camera, extra rear window and comfort mattress. Think we will go with an after market tint and wheels as disappointed the 17" wheels are a cost option on the coast only.

we are kind of in the opposite situation, we don't actually want it for about 11-12 months but just trying to gauge when to order to get delivery in that window. Liverpool suggesting new orders at this point will be March next year and wondering what others are finding.
Oh + tower as well.

Oh + tower as well.
Ordered my Ocean in October and its due in July, so 10 months. Mine seems to have been particularly unlucky (tow bar and sports pack supply issues), and Coasts are definitely coming through quicker, but I suspect you'll be about bang on if you order now for delivery in 12 months.

When we picked up our Coast a week ago, the dealer said orders now are looking at a minimum 12-15 months before going into production. Production to delivery can be at 2 months+, so it's likely next Autumn or Winter.

*Tow bar

(is there no post edit option?)
I think you need to be a VIP member for that.
It also allows you to send PM’s to other forum members and post / reply in the for sale and wanted section. Plus discount in the club shop. So could be a good option in your situation.

I think you need to be a VIP member for that.
It also allows you to send PM’s to other forum members and post / reply in the for sale and wanted section. Plus discount in the club shop. So could be a good option in your situation.
Ah Thanks

I think we have settled on a coast, likely with LED headlights....
There is a rumour on another thread that the next model year changes (MY22) will include LED headlights as standard. Worth checking.

Spoke to 3 dealers today they know nothing of it and have no spec changes yet for MY22 so think it’s nothing but rumour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We ordered on this week and have a quoted delivery date of 1sr September.
Amazing. Wonder if the dealer (which dealer?) is overly optimistic or if Coasts/Beaches are really coming through in 3 months now. If it’s an Ocean I’ve heard 15 months quoted!

I ordered your same spec in Oct 20 and mine is being delivery on a low loader next Wednesday. I would be wary of a promise of delivery in 4 months.

Amazing. Wonder if the dealer (which dealer?) is overly optimistic or if Coasts/Beaches are really coming through in 3 months now. If it’s an Ocean I’ve heard 15 months quoted!
Just to add some context, our Coast has been on order since November. But I wish you the best of luck.

Back