Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6 Ocean and Some Very Fine Accessories

Studying the photo of the shelves, I wondered if you are missing the 2018 model year tray that fits under a larger mirror on the inside of the cupboard drawer?
tray.jpg

Oooh, that's neat - I don't have that. Handy place for keys at night.

Oooh, that's neat - I don't have that. Handy place for keys at night.

I'm not sure why you haven't (unless other new owners could advise). They who can't be named (a Cali hire company in London) sell the kit for modest money, but I suspect your supplying dealer should get the parts for you.

Have you got the split cover over the kitchen? (ie one over the hob, one over the sink vs. the old one-piece) which was the major MY18 improvement.

Whilst I like the look of the draws, can you actually open the bottom three once the bed is made up?
As long as you can get into the fridge! :D

Drawers look great, wish I hadn't seen them.

As does the van! :thumb

It's an MY17 ;)
Sorry, I'd got your first post in this thread mixed up with the delayed vans that are just (hopefully) being released by the dealers now. I thought you had worked quickly to fit all your accessories so quickly!!

Studying the photo of the shelves, I wondered if you are missing the 2018 model year tray that fits under a larger mirror on the inside of the cupboard drawer?
tray-jpg.31172
They who can't be named (a Cali hire company in London) sell the kit for modest money
I've just had a 'chat' with the shop here and they are going to try and get the bits in, so we can keep our purchases 'in house'.

Those drawers are gorgeous .... I just wish that I could use a screwdriver without wrecking everything within a 500 metre radius :sad

Sorry for diverting your thread. Back to your lovely Cali and the intended storage solutions......

What a great time to be getting a van, just as spring begins. I originally picked mine up just as winter was getting underway! Mind you, this winter, we've managed a few trips away to Bike Park Wales, and my son has been brave enough to sleep up top in -3 degrees (with a ridiculous amount of bedding and a Brandrup roof liner - another fabulous bit of kit where you just have to ignore the sticker price). But we did it!

Sorry, I'd got your first post in this thread mixed up with the delayed vans that are just (hopefully) being released by the dealers now

I did the same and got all excited... Bus looks great, thanks for the reviews!

Ah, right! VW comes up with something new each year ... when I purchased, it was three month wait times morphing into nine month wait times. Now, they get it to you in three months but you're not allowed to collect it. I wonder what they're planning for next year!? It's all worth it in the end :)

Hello,

I just saw this thread. At the moment I actively save for the "Heckauszug". I believe it makes storage in the boot so much more accessible.

What I don't know is which of the two version would be the better solution:

800 mm deep
This size might be better for 2x 400 mm boxes as mentioned on the Calicap web page. But, to get this depth the backseat has to be move forward about 3 - 4 cm. Doing this I am afraid that the seat is a wee bit in the way to open the sliding door to the cupboard.

760 mm deep
This would be the natural depth of the Ocean boot. So there would not be any need to move forward the backseat and all the potential problems that might come with it. The disadvantage is that it might be more difficult to get the best out of the tray because standard storage boxes won't fit.

X4 VWC, which version did you chose and what is your experience inside the cabin? Reading a previous post you like it as intended sliding it out at the back, meaning easy access to the boxes.

Eberhard

I chose the Calidrawer Ocean 800 for the convenience of using 600x400 and 400x300 boxes. I now have a few of these and grab different boxes from my garage depending upon the nature of the trip, e.g., MTB boxes, or kayaking boxes! They're ideal for a supermarket trolley as well, no need for carrier bags, and it's easy to carry the weekly shop into our home. This has been an amazingly versatile system.

IMG_9670.JPG

You're right that the rear seat has to come forward a few centimetres but it's not been an issue at all. There's just enough space to get the table out, and I've never had a problem getting individual items from the cupboard, although you would not get away with full-width storage containers in the cupboard. I use the left-hand cupboard for pots, pans, kettle, and entertainment items (laptop, chess, etc.) I use only the big drawer for food, divided up using Ikea's fabric trays so nothing moves around. The only thing I wouldn't buy again is light grey carpet, as it has never looked this clean again ;)

I really like that. It looks well, seems to be very practical because access to various items is easy.

I will contact the manufacture to get the price for shipment to Ireland.

Very nice setup X4 VWC.

You mention that you go occasionally go riding. How do you transport your bikes - on the tailgate or on a towbar rack? What are you thoughts of practicality of the rear tray with a tow bar bike mount?

Also, do you know why the kitchen drawers are T6 specific? I thought the kitchen setup was the same for the T5 and T6.

Those drawers are gorgeous .... I just wish that I could use a screwdriver without wrecking everything within a 500 metre radius :sad
From looking at the pictures on the Calicap.de site, the frame the drawers run in each side are sat on the floor and attached by self adhesive strips to the walls of the cupboard.

So no screwdrivers will be injured in this installation.

Alan

From looking at the pictures on the Calicap.de site, the frame the drawers run in each side are sat on the floor and attached by self adhesive strips to the walls of the cupboard.

So no screwdrivers will be injured in this installation.

Alan

Mine are on the way. I hope to be much better organised after this installation. I feel that the Cali needs the drawers for a more efficient storage solution,

We also vent for the drawers and it is among the best things we upgraded. They attach with adhesive tape (no drilling) and are installed within 10 min.

Is the height of the shelves in the wardrobe adjustable or are they set? If adjustable they may be somewhat useful...

Just put in my order for the drawers using the translator on another device! Excited.

I've had my drawers for a few weeks now and they allow much better organization of the space under the sink at a slight loss of overall space. I am really pleased with the easy access to so much 'stuff' that was kept in boxes and dragged out to find plates, cups, pans etc. For us, it's probably the best accessory we've bought. And it's so easy to install :thumb

I've had my drawers for a few weeks now and they allow much better organization of the space under the sink at a slight loss of overall space. I am really pleased with the easy access to so much 'stuff' that was kept in boxes and dragged out to find plates, cups, pans etc. For us, it's probably the best accessory we've bought. And it's so easy to install :thumb
So excited, should be here soon, suddenly my German has become really quite good!

Back