NEW travel App from VW to the Cali-owners

Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
On the Caravan Salon in Düsseldorf, our main focus was on the new T6.1. But for a short period, our attention was drawn towards a display of a new app from VW. No flyers or brochure, so I just took some pictures and almost forgot about it.

We use Polarsteps (and Facebook groups) to document our travels. But it seems the new Travel App from VW has something to offer. Online manual, camping search, etc. Its not for IOS (I got an iPhone). But for Android, So I can not look, but you might find it useful?

Android:
https://apktada.com/app/de.volkswagen.CaliforniaOnTour

IOS:
Not released yet …

VW-App.png

I tried to download this but I was informed "for your security your phone is not allowed to install unknown apps from this source"?? Perhaps we should be careful?

Tom

I tried to download this but I was informed "for your security your phone is not allowed to install unknown apps from this source"?? Perhaps we should be careful?

Tom

Does not sound good. Got the link from a guy who on the DK forum who used it. I have had the warning on my laptop several timed even with well known companies without problem. But better safe than sorry. Maybe try to find the app at another provider then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the Caravan Salon in Düsseldorf, our main focus was on the new T6.1. But for a short period, our attention was drawn towards a display of a new app from VW. No flyers or brochure, so I just took some pictures and almost forgot about it.

We use Polarsteps (and Facebook groups) to document our travels. But it seems the new Travel App from VW has something to offer. Online manual, camping search, etc. Its not for IOS (I got an iPhone). But for Android, So I can not look, but you might find it useful?

Android:
https://apktada.com/app/de.volkswagen.CaliforniaOnTour

IOS:
Not released yet …

View attachment 50308
Interesting App, but only in German. Pity

Interesting App, but only in German. Pity

Hopefully they will translate it in the next update. It might have been a to early release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tom
Does not sound good. Got the link from a guy who on the DK forum who used it. I have had the warning on my laptop several timed even with well known companies without problem. But better safe than sorry. Maybe try to find the app at another provider then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This App comes from VW and is not on the Google Play Store and that is why you get the warning. Nothin wrong with the App just Google not liking 3rd Party Apps that it doesn't get paid for.

Reading the description of the app on the Apktada website, it strikes me that the articles before the nouns are often missing. Even for me, not being a native English speaker, It feels like reading a text from a foreign language in a defective translation. I decided to skip this download.

Regards from Amsterdam,
Marc.

Back