Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New van - snagging/To do list

Any time you are not on hook-up and want to run mains powered devices EcoFlow is brilliant. The built in inverter is limited (300w) and not great for sensitive equipment (doesn't have a pure sine wave inverter). So for those wanting an off-grid office, (or like us wanting to boil a camping kettle or make some toast without hooking up the gas!) they are essential.
The Delta 2 has a much bigger inverter than that. I've run my 1800W heat gun from mine without issue.

I'm interested in the EcoFlow and have been looking on their website. The Mk1 is £549 but the Mk2 is £899. Do you know what the differences are between the two?
MK2 is LiFEPO4, Mk1 is standard Lithium-Ion, AFAIK

The Delta 2 has a much bigger inverter than that. I've run my 1800W heat gun from mine without issue.
I should have been clearer - it is the Cali inbuilt inverter that is 300w and a modified sine wave. The ecoflows have pure sine wave and high rated inverters. They can power appliances up to 1800w - greater for short surges. That is why they are so popular.

See if you can undo the security wheel bolts.
Ive just tried undoing them for the first time since owning my Cali. The van's wheel brace wouldn't do it. The socket kept on coming off the top of the security bolt. So I got my 2 foot long 3/4" drive torque wrench + 1/2" adaptor, out & succeeded. I'm swopping the front/ back wheels over to extend the tyre life & after seeing lohr500's advice concerning the difficulty getting them off, I bought a tub of copper grease to apply to hubs/alloys before refitting. I am presently trying to get them off, so far without success. Will update if & when I succeed. There's nowhere safe to put an axle stand either so the spare wheel will have to suffice.
Update: I got the wheel off with sledgehammer applied to inner side of tyre. Put spare on to support Cali, went to take off front wheel but the socket just turns on the head of the security bolt. The teeth inside the master unlock key was damaged but the head of the security bolts were ok. So I found a matching aftermarket unlock key on Amazon for £20 & got the security bolts off. I used a 4x4"x8 foot fencepost with one end against the bottom of inside wall of the tyres, slung underneath & protruding out other side about a foot, then after several wacks with a sledgehammer, they came off. Four new standard wheel bolts cost me tad over £50 from VW dealer.

Last edited:
Clean all the roof drains, especially the front, use a 100ml syringe with warm slightly soapy water.

Ive just tried undoing them for the first time since owning my Cali. The van's wheel brace wouldn't do it. The socket kept on coming off the top of the security bolt. So I got my 2 foot long 3/4" drive torque wrench + 1/2" adaptor, out & succeeded. I'm swopping the front/ back wheels over to extend the tyre life & after seeing lohr500's advice concerning the difficulty getting them off, I bought a tub of copper grease to apply to hubs/alloys before refitting. I am presently trying to get them off, so far without success. Will update if & when I succeed. There's nowhere safe to put an axle stand either so the spare wheel will have to suffice.
Update: I got the wheel off with sledgehammer applied to inner side of tyre. Put spare on to support Cali, went to take off front wheel but the socket just turns on the head of the security bolt. Won't grip. I think it will have to be drilled out. What an unbelievable pain in the a*+!
Most tyre depots have damaged/missing adapter locknut removers (for a reasonable fee)

Update: I got the wheel off with sledgehammer applied to inner side of tyre.
A sledgehammer! Make sure you only hit top and bottom so you don’t put the tracking out :)

A spacemate sliding tray!

You’re going to buy one eventually.

It makes packing the rear storage of your ocean so easy that you’ll not regret it. No more unpacking everything to get to that one item at the back.

Shelving for wardrobe
It doesn’t need much just one extra shelf, available at the shop.

Amazon packing cubes. Two sets for His and hers. Indispensable again for navigating the wardrobe