Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New wheels

Looks nice I do the the sportline wheels on a Cali. It sits quite nice standard but will be better with the I take the VW 30mm lowering springs!

Quite a transformation!
Have you worked out if there has been much of a change to the gearing, using a site like this: https://tiresize.com/comparison/
If your old alloys were wearing 205/60s it gives a +3% increase in circumference and therefore gearing.

Last edited:
They do look nice on your bus.

Looks nice I do the the sportline wheels on a Cali. It sits quite nice standard but will be better with the I take the VW 30mm lowering springs!

Yes, will be using the VW 30mm lowering springs, already have them just need to get them fitted.

Quite a transformation!
Have you worked out if there has been much of a change to the gearing, using a site like this: https://tiresize.com/comparison/
If your old alloys were wearing 205/60s it gives a +3% increase in circumference and therefore gearing.

Original tyres were 215/65 R16 so the difference is about 1%. 235/50 R18 are the size recommended by VW on a T30.

Very nice transformation! Are those 7" or 8" wide wheels?

8” wide

Massive improvement over those standard 16s. Very cool.

Spot the difference...

image.jpeg

Apart from the added dirt and general dullnes of today's weather, I have fitted the lowering springs! Front had definitely dropped, rear seems about the same. Happy with how it looks and drives though.

I don’t know if you’ve read the articles on the optical illusion of a standard Cali or not. Normally they can look saggy rear end due I believe to more clearance above the front tyre. I’ve stuck a spirit level on mine and it’s as far as possible to tell level. Yours is looking to me slightly nose down. Have you done a level check. It might be that I’m just used to looking at mine.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was expecting more of drop at the rear I must admit.
While the lack of weight in the back and the slope of the driveway may be accentuating the nose down look I’m happy to have reduced the excessive arch gap at the front.
As far as the front to rear height difference goes my main concern is the roof height, if I measure it (on a flat surface) and find the rear is higher I’ll look at ways to solve this. Rear springs are a doddle to swap if needed but I suspect these VW lowering springs may sag noticeably once we load the van up a bit more.

I was expecting more of drop at the rear I must admit.
While the lack of weight in the back and the slope of the driveway may be accentuating the nose down look I’m happy to have reduced the excessive arch gap at the front.
As far as the front to rear height difference goes my main concern is the roof height, if I measure it (on a flat surface) and find the rear is higher I’ll look at ways to solve this. Rear springs are a doddle to swap if needed but I suspect these VW lowering springs may sag noticeably once we load the van up a bit more.

Good stuff. Difficult to find level ground and as you say loading will make a difference. Front and back.

Mike

172429EE-A195-4540-AAFF-B1A3E96E6972.jpeg D1112FD4-C5C9-485F-B632-FDD76716F9F4.jpeg

Definitely has dropped Front and Rear, front more than back so now nose down.