Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie buying Cali soon!

N

Nyx

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi guys,

Ok, so I'm Clarance, 32 years old, Belgian and Spanish, and getting prepared to switching to live in a campvan with my dog. I'm sure the first thought most of you will have is "oh, another one who's been seeing Instagram posts about campvan life and now wants to join the movement".

Thing is, not really. I've been going through rough times in my mind, yet I have a fixed job, a relationship, my family... nothing seems to miss right? Yet I've come to realise the usual lifestyle is not exactly my thing, and have come to terms with the idea that I simply don't fit in the regular box. It's going to be a big leap, but I'll finally start living the life the way I want to.

Right now, I've made the step to become a freelancer and be able to work online, and next thing is to get a campvan, move away from my entourage and start travelling around. After doing some research to find out which campvan I'm liking best, VW California Ocean is my number 1 option! Throughout that research, I found this pretty cool club, which I am very happy to join, and later on share with you guys my personal experience.

I must say though, what do you guys think of the Grand Cali 600? I mean, it has a fully-functioning bathroom, something I extremely value considering I want to live there full-time, but I do value the regular Cali's compact size. So I was wondering, anyone here having experience living long-term in their Cali, and if keeping up with the hygiene has been a hassle?

Looking forward to acquiring my new home by the end of the year, in the meantime taking good note of all the interesting specs I should consider adding when getting my Cali. Since it would be my new home, not very keen about the idea of buying second-hand, I feel that brand new with no surprises, and possible extended guarantee make a big difference. At least that's how I'm seeing it right now, though any advice is always welcome!

Cheers, and sorry for the long post! Usually very shy :)

Welcome allong !

• Welcome
Reactions: Nyx