• Thread starter Mel's Mystery Machine
  • Start date
Mel's Mystery Machine

Mel's Mystery Machine

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hi,

Waiting to pick up my new (to me) 2018 Cali next Saturday and can't wait. Would love any tips or suggestions for essential equipment, etc. Looking forward to trips with my partner and our dog.

Thanks,
Melissa

Welcome Melissa,

Please tell us about you van when you get it, pictures please. Give us a wave we are an Acapulco blue ocean also in west sussex.
If you need any hands on hellp, give us a message.
Essentials are vwery personal to what you want to do with your van, don't be afraid about just using crockery from the house, if it is in a container which fits well in the cupboards it is fine.
Mats, carpets are for me an essential, the floor gets very dirty very quickly and all the little square(non slip) pices make it a ppain to clean, I had to use a toothbrush!!.
Bedding is a personal choice be it sleeping bags, duvalays, or just sheets and your duvet from your own bed. Ordinary pillows are large to store so just good quality sofa cushiions might do for you.
We have 2 kettles, one for the gas and one electric for when on hookup, remember all electricals must be low wattage.
Have fun with kitting it out.

Hi welcome,
Dont rush into buying stuff, most of the essentials appear for sale on here at less than retail prices, good luck and happy travels…

Hi,

Waiting to pick up my new (to me) 2018 Cali next Saturday and can't wait. Would love any tips or suggestions for essential equipment, etc. Looking forward to trips with my partner and our dog.

Thanks,
Melissa

Protect the interior from day one, most other things can wait.

My recommendations (other brands are available!) for 4 legged friends:

- VW Monster Mats for cab area.
- Inka Waterproof Seat Covers.
- Living space + Boot area / tailored rubber matt from Club shop (You just pull them out the van and hose them down to clean!)

Welcome here!
Any trips and adventures planned? Were are you going? Sometimes this helps what you need for the start

Protect the interior from day one, most other things can wait.

My recommendations (other brands are available!) for 4 legged friends:

- VW Monster Mats for cab area.
- Inka Waterproof Seat Covers.
- Living space + Boot area / tailored rubber matt from Club shop (You just pull them out the van and hose them down to clean!)
Thank you!
The previous owners have waterproof seat covers and carpeting that they are including in sale. So will start with these and see how we go.

Would you be able to recommend any D rings that go in the rails to tie down a car kennel?

3AC6855F-5000-4492-94ED-EBC2306051F4.jpeg

Welcome here!
Any trips and adventures planned? Were are you going? Sometimes this helps what you need for the start
So my plan is to try and visit as many National Trust properties around the UK starting in the Southeast (close to home to try things out) and then head Southwest and into Wales