Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie here

Minime082

Minime082

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi all newbie here. Ordered my 1st new california beach camper beginning of December.
Bit of background about myself i have worked for VW commercial for the last 17 years and a master tech at my dealership. I own a 1962 new Zealand import beetle and have a restored 1959 splitcreen camper. Im no stranger to the vdub or camping world but now want to travel a bit further in comfort so took the plunge and ordered a bayleef green/white beach camper to enjoy.

Hi all newbie here. Ordered my 1st new california beach camper beginning of December.
Bit of background about myself i have worked for VW commercial for the last 17 years and a master tech at my dealership. I own a 1962 new Zealand import beetle and have a restored 1959 splitcreen camper. Im no stranger to the vdub or camping world but now want to travel a bit further in comfort so took the plunge and ordered a bayleef green/white beach camper to enjoy.

Welcome on board @Minime082 :thumb

Glad that you've just said that you "have" worked for VW Commercial. The last person who joined this forum and said he was a VW Commercial employee, never returned after his first post introducing himself (he was bombarded with too many questions (read complaints :D) :bananadance2). He did say though that he was a "current employee".

If you don't mind, would love to see the splitty and also the beetle please! Love classics.

But as you say, to travel further in comfort, good to upgrade. Welcome on here and enjoy the Cali related and the non-Cali banter as well.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Just seen you other posts that you are an active tech with SMG. Awesome. Good to hear that. Always good to have a knowledgeable soul around :thumb

Last edited:
Welcome on board @Minime082 :thumb

Glad that you've just said that you "have" worked for VW Commercial. The last person who joined this forum and said he was a VW Commercial employee, never returned after his first post introducing himself (he was bombarded with too many questions (read complaints :D) :bananadance2). He did say though that he was a "current employee".

If you don't mind, would love to see the splitty and also the beetle please! Love classics.

But as you say, to travel further in comfort, good to upgrade. Welcome on here and enjoy the Cali related and the non-Cali banter as well.

Enjoy!
Im used to the bombardment on a daily basis i have been around the scene long enougj to know when not to get too involved in a debate as nothing is perfect these days.

Attachments

• IMG_4835609455188.jpeg
    IMG_4835609455188.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 20
  • IMAG0757.jpg
    IMAG0757.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 20
Im used to the bombardment on a daily basis i have been around the scene long enougj to know when not to get too involved in a debate as nothing is perfect these days.
Those two are lovely ... absolutely lovely. Hope they both are keepers and will not be sacrificed for the new beach .

Hurrah! My wife grew up having adventures in splitscreen and after much discussion we bought our first california a couple of weeks ago. Heres to adventures :)

:welcome I also have a Beach Camper on order after trading in my 2016 Ocean (which I loved, but was struggling to accommodate 4 dogs). I wanted 2 tone, but the reflex silver and Indium grey not available in UK, so will likely do a wrap.
Hope to meet you at a meet - assuming we can get back to having some in the next year or so...

Those two are lovely ... absolutely lovely. Hope they both are keepers and will not be sacrificed for the new beach .
Both are keepers and definitely wont be sacrificed for the new camper. Although the beetle has been neglected last 10 years being in my mums garage.

:welcome I also have a Beach Camper on order after trading in my 2016 Ocean (which I loved, but was struggling to accommodate 4 dogs). I wanted 2 tone, but the reflex silver and Indium grey not available in UK, so will likely do a wrap.
Hope to meet you at a meet - assuming we can get back to having some in the next year or so...
Be good to meet up with fellow dubbers love the scene. I borrowed a T6 camper last year from work for a trip to cornwall and was shocked how most people still wave at you in a camper thought it was just the old ones we got waved at

Back