Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie..

S

sailingclose14

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Recently decided to buy an older T5 California as the cost of newer models was far too much for me to justify. I love the look of the pre facelift models as well so that works out fine. So much stuff to learn about these vans its spun my head to be honest but eventually I decided to just jump in. Purchased an 09 model with fsh but the conflicting info regarding the 2.5l engine reliability does make me nervous a little to be honest. We'll do some local runs to begin with just to build confidence. Fingers crossed that 2022 will be a good year for camping...

Welcome to the Cali family.
I've always thought that the early 2.4 engine was considered a reliable engine, and known for its longlife. You've got a full service history, so just get out there and enjoy.

Recently decided to buy an older T5 California as the cost of newer models was far too much for me to justify. I love the look of the pre facelift models as well so that works out fine. So much stuff to learn about these vans its spun my head to be honest but eventually I decided to just jump in. Purchased an 09 model with fsh but the conflicting info regarding the 2.5l engine reliability does make me nervous a little to be honest. We'll do some local runs to begin with just to build confidence. Fingers crossed that 2022 will be a good year for camping...
Nice :)

Hi.
I've got a 2007 2.5tdi auto. Your's will have the same BPC code engine. It's the best 5 potter VW did so you'll have no bother (hopefully). As long as you keep fresh oil in it it'll run forever. I change ours every 5000miles.

Hi. Interested in your story. I’m looking at something similar. Any tips you could offer?