Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newborn babies

Ron

Ron

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
hello,

We should be picking up our Ocean very soon and was wondering how people got by with feeding newborns (they'll be nearly 3 months old when we go to Italy). My wife has bought a Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Machine and wants to know if it'll be ok to use whilst we are away.

Feeding newborns? i can gladly tell you it is 100 times easier feeding a newborn than a 1yo+. Food is always with you and I cant think of a better vehicle to breast feed an infant than a california.

Feeding newborns? i can gladly tell you it is 100 times easier feeding a newborn than a 1yo+. Food is always with you and I cant think of a better vehicle to breast feed an infant than a california.

Yeah, having an older kid I already now what we've got coming (sort of). It's the whole twins thin that is keeping us both on our toes.

If you were to know a safe output from the electrical points then that would be a bonus.

Yeah, having an older kid I already now what we've got coming (sort of). It's the whole twins thin that is keeping us both on our toes.

If you were to know a safe output from the electrical points then that would be a bonus.
We have used the Tommie Tippie machine whilst on hook up and it works brilliantly. If not on hook up we have 2 flasks. 1 contains boiling water, the other contains cooled water that has already been boiled. To make a 7 oz bottle you pour 2 oz of the boiling into a bottle, add 7 scoops of formula and shake and then pour in 5 oz of the cooled boiled water. It's basically what the Tommie Tippie does without the electricity.

Reactions: Ron
If you're breast feeding, that takes a lot of hassle away. If bottles, (pre Cali) we used to use a cold water steriliser with Milton tabs. It seemed a little archaic with all the newfangled things on the market even back then (1999), but it did the job brilliantly and we never found ourselves in a position where we couldn't use it, and no electricity etc needed.

Having said all that, if I'd ever had a second child (which I didn't - worked out I wasn't particularly built for having babies) I don't think I would have bothered quite so much with all the sterilising. If using cartons of ready mix formula and properly washed bottles, there shouldn't be a problem with bugs. Plus our kid was covered in cat hair and mud/godknowswhat from four moggies, and he spent his life crawling around in the dirt when he got bigger ....

Multiple children including newborn twins in a Cali? - You guys are brave, and I salute you!

I actually just googled that Tommee Tippee machine! Wow! How things have changed since I was doing baby stuff. Clearly everything I said above is 18 yrs out of date. What will they think of next??!!! I can remember when my boy was teeny and colicky I struggled to make up all the bottles (stress and no sleep made my milk dry up sadly) because I couldn't put him down without him squawling himself into such a state he used to virtually turn himself inside out the entire time. Happy days. A machine like the above which would have done it all for me might have actually made me consider giving the poor little blighter a brother or sister! He turns 18 next month, and is easy to feed now; anything which isn't stuck to the cupboards with superglue gets hoovered up and I am constantly in the supermarket and cooking to keep up with him. He's skinny as a rake and gorgeous with it. Lucky sod!

We have used the Tommie Tippie machine whilst on hook up and it works brilliantly. If not on hook up we have 2 flasks. 1 contains boiling water, the other contains cooled water that has already been boiled. To make a 7 oz bottle you pour 2 oz of the boiling into a bottle, add 7 scoops of formula and shake and then pour in 5 oz of the cooled boiled water. It's basically what the Tommie Tippie does without the electricity.

That's

Thanks very much, that put the wife at ease a little.

If you're breast feeding, that takes a lot of hassle away. If bottles, (pre Cali) we used to use a cold water steriliser with Milton tabs. It seemed a little archaic with all the newfangled things on the market even back then (1999), but it did the job brilliantly and we never found ourselves in a position where we couldn't use it, and no electricity etc needed.

Having said all that, if I'd ever had a second child (which I didn't - worked out I wasn't particularly built for having babies) I don't think I would have bothered quite so much with all the sterilising. If using cartons of ready mix formula and properly washed bottles, there shouldn't be a problem with bugs. Plus our kid was covered in cat hair and mud/godknowswhat from four moggies, and he spent his life crawling around in the dirt when he got bigger ....

Multiple children including newborn twins in a Cali? - You guys are brave, and I salute you!

Newborn twins will be a challenge indeed, I'll post an after holiday report once we get back.

Crucial item of kit for the situation described will be a litre bottle of decent malt whisky. No need to sterilise it.

Whatever you decide to feed the twins on is a secondary question.

Just re-read. Italy...?
Are you driving all that way...???

Baby seats aren't great for growing babies. Ideally they don't want to be in those seats for more than 3hrs a day. Driving to Italy would take forever with having to stop and feed and changes nappies etc.

I reckon you can ignore the 3hr thing for a couple of drives. And you're going to need to stop for driver swaps etc anyway so can do feeds then. Go for it :)