Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Night heater - Annoying Clicking noise

cozmo1589

cozmo1589

VIP Member
Hi, my 2010 California has an odd noise when the night heater is on, the closest thing I can liken it to is a clicking or tapping noise. Inside when in bed it's exactly like a constant water drip noise, this morning I went outside and the noise is coming from the behind the plastic cover that hides all the workings and gubbins, any thoughts anyone, it's driving my wife crazy and in turn she's driving me crazy going on about it :'(
Thanks in advance for your replies. Colin

Oh thanks for quick reply, I'll break the good news to the boss, at least there is no fault for me to be concerned about :)

Re: Night heater - Annoying Clicking noise

First time I heard it I thought that it would drive me nuts.

Now I sleep quite happily with it ticking away.

GrannyJen said:
First time I heard it I thought that it would drive me nuts.

Now I sleep quite happily with it ticking away.
Same here, first night we really needed it we thought we wouldn't sleep. Now we don't notice it anymore.

us too - remember listening to it and checking on the forum to see if it was normal - found out it was and then stopped worrying about it. Hasn't bothered me since!

The noise is caused by the pump the clicking can be alleviated by mounting the pump on a an isolating rubber bush. I discovered this on the German forums but I haven't done this myself as we are normally on hook up and use a fan heater. Ps we also control the temp of the fan heater with an external thermostat (made it myself as an arduino project) this gives much better temp regulation than the thermostat built into the heater.