Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nighttime storage - where to put book/phone/glasses?

Big Ted

Big Ted

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
1st trip away with Cali and loving it.
Had N reg T4 for 4 years and the difference is night and day in so many aspects.
The habitation area of our T4 was almost the same as the Cali, and in one area it was better.
Based on a T4 caravelle the rear had pockets in the side walls and within the wardrobe too, thus allowing storage of our bedtime books and somewhere safe for glasses and phones to be stored.
What have people done if anything to add odds and sods storage here?

Not an SE but a beach
Vanessa window bags
New ones have pocket for phone and hook for keys, I use the key hook for my glasses. I hang the keys from the handle on a lanyard, always take them out of the van when you go for a comfort break, to avoid the spurious lock out !

160A9E80-E4F6-4808-9101-7700828972D1.jpeg

I did that last week then lost my keys looked for 10 minutes panic set in emptied the van out completely to find out i had knocked them off and folded them up in my comfort matress

I use a mesh bag hung on the hook pictured above for glass, phone etc at night.

I agree that there could better storage in the back for when using the downstairs bed, especially on the sliding door side.

I'm tempted to order the Brandrup coat hook set to make things a little more flexible as it would allow for better coat hanging in daily use and would be useful for hanging things from when camping. Not cheap though.

So we got the VW coat hook for the back of our driver's seat. Great also as a tea towel/bath tower rail.

The phone goes on the rail above the door where the charger point is. And glasses we loop through the basinet hooks on the pop top roof. Simples ...

I did that last week then lost my keys looked for 10 minutes panic set in emptied the van out completely to find out i had knocked them off and folded them up in my comfort mattress

I have them on a lanyard and they hang on the gearstick when we are in the van. Our rule when camping the last one out puts them around their neck in case of the van decides to lock its self.

1st trip away with Cali and loving it.
Had N reg T4 for 4 years and the difference is night and day in so many aspects.
The habitation area of our T4 was almost the same as the Cali, and in one area it was better.
Based on a T4 caravelle the rear had pockets in the side walls and within the wardrobe too, thus allowing storage of our bedtime books and somewhere safe for glasses and phones to be stored.
What have people done if anything to add odds and sods storage here?

I sue an old handbag. It is one of those lightweight, screwup foldaway things about the size of a conventional handbag. It hangs off the drivers seat headrest.

When travelling it faces the rear and handy to get at. When at rest with the seat swivelled it perches on top of the steering wheel and can be easily swivelled to face front. At current count it holds a couple of dog poo bags, a torch, a camera, a couple of widgets for attaching a competitor bib on to a running shirt, a copy of the site plan to Hunters moon CC site, a pair of reading glasses, a bag of loose change, a door key, an attack alarm, a Tunnocks wafer bar wrapper (now disposed of) and a cable for charging my kindle, which also lives in there when camping.

We just use the storage net that’s available when the roof is up (over the front seats), books, phones, Nintendo Switch, glasses etc goes in there. Very useful!

Back