Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

NINE QUID delivery........

Pete M

Pete M

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I've just got to the checkout at camper-vantastic with 2 x knobs for the roof rail ( washing line), Thule awning straps and a 20 ltr bladder to fill the water tank and delivery was £9 WTF!

I can find the straps and bladder elsewhere but struggling to find brackets for the clothes line., what are you folks using and from where?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't hold your breat, we ordered some headlight protectors from them, took about two weeks to arrive and when they did they were broken. They did replace them but I think they are mainly a hire business who dabble in accessories but don't keep anything actually in stock.

It would be good if the club shop on here could stock more of his stuff, at least it is free delivery on here

A couple of years ago at coft I bought some round knobs that fitted into the side rail off the clubs stall.
Very cheap, and you can space them where you want within the rail
I'm thinking a bungee end to end.....emergency wash line etc

Not shure if the club still sell them but shouldn't be hard to find
If your in my area (romford,Essex) your welcome to a coupe

Alan

Just thought,a couple of L shape brackets fitted within the knobs for a stand off wash line :)

Alan

Have to say... slightly shocking postage costs... Have a word with Steve, I'm sure he'll sort things.

That being said... just received a package for £2.30 worth of goods from another shop(inc postage) only to be charged £1.45 for the privilege of picking it up from the local sorting office due to insufficient postage being paid!!!!

Less than happy...

Having postage troubles with a number of suppliers.

Rgds
Mark

I've just got to the checkout at camper-vantastic with 2 x knobs for the roof rail ( washing line), Thule awning straps and a 20 ltr bladder to fill the water tank and delivery was £9 WTF!

I can find the straps and bladder elsewhere but struggling to find brackets for the clothes line., what are you folks using and from where?

We also ordered some stuff from this website and with the amount we paid for delivery we expected next day delivery but ended up waiting for over a week without any notifications!!!

Have you checked the Forum Shop? They sell knobs for the roof rail.

If that's a next day service using a proper courier service it really isn't that bad, all of the trade suppliers I buy from charge between £9.00 and £15.00 which strangely is widely accepted as the norm when business to business.

Atitudes seem to change when it is business to consumer. I sell spare parts for a living and found that customers will complain no matter how much you charge for postage, I used to charge £6.50 for a next day courier delivery service (which was cost price at the time), I had a lot of complaints so in a bid to cut down complaints I added £3.00 to all parts prices and reduced the postage charge to £3.50, I still had lots of complaints even at £3.50, now I add £6.50 to all item prices and don't charge anything for postage, I now have no complaints at all but I am amazed how many people refer to it as "free postage" without giving much thought to the fact that it is just built in to the selling price.

Customers will complain no matter how much you charge for postage
IMHO when the parts are small/cheap and there is no acknowledgement of this in terms of reduced postage, there will be complaints (SJSC for instance used to have such fixed postage costs, but now take the time to cost postage more appropriately). Large or bulky items obviously will incur an increased cost, but in addition to timeliness there are expectations that the delivery will not be damaged in transit. When next day postage is paid for but such service is not received, there will be complaints.

Of course, some folk just complain anyway :)

We don't charge postage that way no nasty surprises when you go to checkout.

Back