Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No more grey floor !

Good evening,

it looks very good. I tryied to do this as well, using dary grey cheap carpet, but covering the rails (to avoid dirt getting in there). But even though it was much easier than your handy work I struggled a lot to get it. I tried it at least 3x times to get it in the way I wanted it.

The disadvantage of my approach is obviously that I have to roll up the carpet each time I move the bench. But I can live with this. I hope that the replacement of the carpet will be easier, because I can use the old one as a templace.

Regards,
Eberhard

Cheers were really happy with the finish, the fiddly corners and tight gaps aren’t much fun but if you are patient and think about it it’s simple. Decided to go with b&q vinyl planks because they are easier to cut and position plus they come with adhesive backs. This made laying over the top of the standard grey floor easy plus it’s simple to change later on if we want. The table top is a printed vinyl wrap this was super easy

Looks very cool.

There are some great finishes available in the upmarket vinyl floor ranges, surprised VW don’t offer Amtico given the prices these days :)

Yes you’ve done a great job in completing these changes, but in my view, I much prefer the original as all these garish colours would do my head in!
Sorry, don’t mean to be rude about what you’ve done, but it’s definitely not my style.

Yes you’ve done a great job in completing these changes, but in my view, I much prefer the original as all these garish colours would do my head in!
Sorry, don’t mean to be rude about what you’ve done, but it’s definitely not my style.
Thanks, No need to apologise everyone has there own tastes and styles. This works for us but might not for others.

Nice work..!

Is your original floor flat / smooth or with the tread?
Reason I ask is I wanted to know if the tread would show through the tiles after time.

Much appreciated.

Nice work..!

Is your original floor flat / smooth or with the tread?
Reason I ask is I wanted to know if the tread would show through the tiles after time.

Much appreciated.
Smooth with small squares as tread. The vinyl planks are made from quite a stiff plastic wood grain effect so I’m confident the tread won’t show through.

Smooth with small squares as tread. The vinyl planks are made from quite a stiff plastic wood grain effect so I’m confident the tread won’t show through.

Thanks for the info.
So the tiles are applied directly to the floor and mainly sticking to the small raised tread points?

Much appreciated.

I prefer the original look, especially when it's as sparkly new like yours was. I would consider this when the original would get scratched or something like that.

But I can understand that you prefer a more warm and cosy look in your van.

Did you also do it to preserve the original, or just for the aesthetic?

Thanks for the info.
So the tiles are applied directly to the floor and mainly sticking to the small raised tread points?

Much appreciated.
Yes if you get a good tight fit and your measurements are accurate the vinyl planks sort of hold each other in place I’m confident that they have enough stick to hold themselves down.

I prefer the original look, especially when it's as sparkly new like yours was. I would consider this when the original would get scratched or something like that.

But I can understand that you prefer a more warm and cosy look in your van.

Did you also do it to preserve the original, or just for the aesthetic?

100% putting this down was for the look as much as the protection it offers. The light grey showed up every mark, plus we have a dog. Also we can always remove the planks leaving the brand new original flooring back to factory spec.

You have made a really good job, nice one looks really smart :thumb

100% putting this down was for the look as much as the protection it offers. The light grey showed up every mark, plus we have a dog. Also we can always remove the planks leaving the brand new original flooring back to factory spec.

If I had a new Cali and a dog I'd probably do the same :)

Yes if you get a good tight fit and your measurements are accurate the vinyl planks sort of hold each other in place I’m confident that they have enough stick to hold themselves down.

cheers,
One last question if you don’t mind. Where the tiles meet the seat rail runner covers, are they under the trim or just butted up to the edge?

again, appreciate your info.

cheers,
One last question if you don’t mind. Where the tiles meet the seat rail runner covers, are they under the trim or just butted up to the edge?

again, appreciate your info.
Lifted the plastic clips that go at the end of each rail to hide the cut lines but found that two vinyl planks fit perfectly in between the rail gaps so with those I just butted up against. If that makes sense.

Back