Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Draining water tank - is this normal

mine kind of comes out everywhere along the back, bumper and spare tyre depending on which way up the ground is. feels like VW saved 10p in a piece of plastic the right length and it just dumps into the van carcass - a bit like the drain tubes at the front of the roof.

Mine is the same... all across the driveway at the back of the van...

its normal. some have done a mod involving a pipe and a funnel I think. nothing to worry about

I was sure when I’ve done it before it came from one hole. Pleased to know I haven’t got to take it back once again for more work. Thanks everyone
Only the Waste Water tank drains out of a tube.
The Fresh Water Tank and Gas Locker outlet open onto the plastic undershield to protect them from road dirt etc; blocking the outlets as they are behind the rear wheel.
The Waste Tank opens in the middle of the wheelbase so unlikely to get blocked with road crud/mud.

I've carried out a forum search but haven't come across anything similar, I'm sure someone might know of something lurking in the depths of the forum, so apologies if this is old hat.
I emptied the fresh water tank today as the van has been in the garage having warranty work carried out for the last fortnight (back in on Thursday to finish it). Once I'd opened the lever water started pouring out onto the ground via any hole or gap in the back quarter of the van (slight exaggeration more like 50cm sq) below the tank. I'm sure it used to exit from just one hole and therefore it seems as if the pipe, if there is one, has come away and the water is going everywhere. Has anyone had this experience before and if so what was going on and what was the solution? Many thanks
Strange. You found this thread, but didn't seem to have read the thread completely.
There is already a nice solution somewhere on page1.

Thanks very much @WelshGas. Seems as if my memory was playing tricks on me, and the wife.
Depends on the position of the vehicle. If it is perfectly level then all over the place, but if nosed own or rear down L or R then it will drain from 1 point usually.

Strange. You found this thread, but didn't seem to have read the thread completely.
There is already a nice solution somewhere on page1.
it was merged into this old thread by the belgium search polizei

cough cough, HC :)

We cleaned ours out with Milton sterilising tablets 2 years ago and even though as said on here you probably won’t die if you don’t BUT in the world we live in at the moment I’m taking no chances when it comes to the well-being of my family and myself..For the cost of a few tablets why play Russian roulette with your health..

We cleaned ours out with Milton sterilising tablets 2 years ago and even though as said on here you probably won’t die if you don’t BUT in the world we live in at the moment I’m taking no chances when it comes to the well-being of my family and myself..For the cost of a few tablets why play Russian roulette with your health..
Haven’t cleaned out the tank for a few years, took the big bung out few days ago, looks clean, smells OK, tastes OK, anyway I don’t give a rats having the shits for 3 days is right of passage in a camper, it’s like going backpacking in India the first time, on a long train ride you realize that was your last piece on bog roll you brought from home... what did you learn? on the next trip bring an extra roll.

Haven’t cleaned out the tank for a few years, took the big bung out few days ago, looks clean, smells OK, tastes OK, anyway I don’t give a rats having the shits for 3 days is right of passage in a camper, it’s like going backpacking in India the first time, on a long train ride you realize that was your last piece on bog roll you brought from home... what did you learn? on the next trip bring an extra roll.
Don’t quite think you are getting my meaning....You wouldn’t want a job in a chicken processing plant either would you... I thought Italy had been badly hit the same as the UK. Just don’t ask me over for a cuppa as I would kindly decline your offer..At a social distance of coarse..Having the shits for 3 days is not quite the same as spending a month on a ventilator.

Italy was/is very regional, in our little town 60km south of Turin of 5,000 we only had 8 cases of Covid & 3 deaths, half the town is over 65 including myself, sorry if i appeared uncaring, I’m fatalistic with these things having survived SARS, dengue fever twice, dysentery twice and several other tropical ailments, and I’m still here... How is this, don’t know but it changes how you view things.

Back