Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water tap

Juzza

Juzza

Vehicle
Just browsing
Tap Issue

Hi I have a lovely 67 reg Cali Ocean that I have had for 1 1/2 years

The water pump for the sink sounds like it is working, but the water isn’t pumped to the sink. Instead seems to be pumped back into the water tank

Any ideas? Thanks

Welcome :welcome
If the tap switches the pump on then which it appears to do as you can hear it ok then May be an air lock or the pump has become dislodged from its usual place in the tank corner and may be sitting out of the water or become detached from the connecting pipe to the tap.
I know this sounds difficult but disconnect the tap electrical connection under the sink, open the tap and blow hard down the tap outlet. If the pump is sitting in the water and connected you should hear air bubbling into the tank and there will be some resistance to your blowing.
Reconnect the electrical connection and the pump should prime and start pumping.
If there is no resistance when you blow then the pump is either out of the water or the pump has come off the connecting pipe inside the tank.
This may fit with your observation that you think the pump is just circulating water in the tank

The access hatch for the tank is in the wardrobe .

More details here

correct placement of pump in tank and white connection pipe.
1677334710755.jpeg

Welcome :welcome
If the tap switches the pump on then which it appears to do as you can hear it ok then May be an air lock or the pump has become dislodged from its usual place in the tank corner and may be sitting out of the water or become detached from the connecting pipe to the tap.
I know this sounds difficult but disconnect the tap electrical connection under the sink, open the tap and blow hard down the tap outlet. If the pump is sitting in the water and connected you should hear air bubbling into the tank and there will be some resistance to your blowing.
Reconnect the electrical connection and the pump should prime and start pumping.
If there is no resistance when you blow then the pump is either out of the water or the pump has come off the connecting pipe inside the tank.
This may fit with your observation that you think the pump is just circulating water in the tank

The access hatch for the tank is in the wardrobe .

More details here

correct placement of pump in tank and white connection pipe.
View attachment 105317
Thanks for your advice. Spot on the tube had become disconnected from the pump. Reduced and everything working perfectly. Although I’m not sure I put the pump back in the right place how can you tell?

Thanks so much. Saved me from expensive trip to VW

Justin

Apologies for spell check. ‘Reduced’ should read ‘reconnected’ ; ie the pipe

Glad it helped.

The pump is located in this side of tank
A18B33A7-A507-4EF4-B2E4-5D1DA498B433.jpeg
And the floor of the tank has a couple of lugs in it to stop the pump drifting about although a good thump into a pothole or speed bump May dislodge it.

1418FC93-0493-4E4F-BBB9-C4E989D5E4AF.jpeg
So long as you get water out of the tap when you want I wouldn’t be too fussed about where the pump was unless you can hear it “clonking” about in the tank above the other noises in the “Cali” sound track
:thumb

Thanks to @Cali-61-180-SE for original images

Glad it helped.

The pump is located in this side of tank
View attachment 105371
And the floor of the tank has a couple of lugs in it to stop the pump drifting about although a good thump into a pothole or speed bump May dislodge it.

View attachment 105372
So long as you get water out of the tap when you want I wouldn’t be too fussed about where the pump was unless you can hear it “clonking” about in the tank above the other noises in the “Cali” sound track
:thumb

Thanks to @Cali-61-180-SE for original images
Thanks again, that is so helpful