Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No water in kitchen - pump or water tap?

B

Beirrito

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi All,

recently no more water in kitchen from our VW T6 Ocean and hope to find some help from folks with Similar experience

what we know so far:

- When opening water tap no sound from pump can be heard and no water is running
- however water is still running from shower in the back and when putting pump handle on there sound of pump can clearly be heard

some questions:

- now I wonder whether pump for kitchen sink and shower in the back are connected to one and the same pump?
- If so can I conclude that pump is still working and that I probably need to order new water tap for kitchen ?
- or do I still need to test with multimeter first whether electrical fuse is still working ?

thanks for help and advice ( and sorry for rubbish technical English ! )

Bert

Hi All,

recently no more water in kitchen from our VW T6 Ocean and hope to find some help from folks with Similar experience

what we know so far:

- When opening water tap no sound from pump can be heard and no water is running
- however water is still running from shower in the back and when putting pump handle on there sound of pump can clearly be heard

some questions:

- now I wonder whether pump for kitchen sink and shower in the back are connected to one and the same pump?
- If so can I conclude that pump is still working and that I probably need to order new water tap for kitchen ?
- or do I still need to test with multimeter first whether electrical fuse is still working ?

thanks for help and advice ( and sorry for rubbish technical English ! )

Bert
The system is 1 pump and basically 2 taps/ micro switches.
Sounds as if the Pump is OK but not getting power from the kitchen tap.

So, possibilities. Kitchen Tap microswitch failed.
Circuit from kitchen tap to pump disrupted. Follow wire from underside of tap, inside R upper kitchen cupboard ( remove cutlery drawer ) you should find a connector, normally covered in grey foam sleeve and located on R side of sink. Disconnect and connect the 2 connectors in the socket ( not connected to tap ). Hopefully the pump should run in which case the tap is the problem.

The system is 1 pump and basically 2 taps/ micro switches.
Sounds as if the Pump is OK but not getting power from the kitchen tap.

So, possibilities. Kitchen Tap microswitch failed.
Circuit from kitchen tap to pump disrupted. Follow wire from underside of tap, inside R upper kitchen cupboard ( remove cutlery drawer ) you should find a connector, normally covered in grey foam sleeve and located on R side of sink. Disconnect and connect the 2 connectors in the socket ( not connected to tap ). Hopefully the pump should run in which case the tap is the problem.

hello Welshgas,

Many thanks for your reply and help. Meanwhile found out that when pump is switched on for shower in the back, and water tap is opened in kitchen, water does come running out. When turning out pump switch again in back of the van, I managed Once to have water running out it in the kitchen just opening the water tap. However after 2nd attempt it stopped working again.

I will follow your instructions and let you know whether it worked ( once I am back from France from our yearly wine trip :) )

thanks again

hello Welshgas,

Many thanks for your reply and help. Meanwhile found out that when pump is switched on for shower in the back, and water tap is opened in kitchen, water does come running out. When turning out pump switch again in back of the van, I managed Once to have water running out it in the kitchen just opening the water tap. However after 2nd attempt it stopped working again.

I will follow your instructions and let you know whether it worked ( once I am back from France from our yearly wine trip :) )

thanks again
Sounds as if kitchen Tap is at fault if it worked once. Tap microswitch. Forum search will give you lots of details of cleaning the microswitch.

Back