Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

North Norway / Finland Proposed meet up September 2021

Niborn

Niborn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I have just picked up on this thread. It looks a great trip and one we would like to do. Is anyone coordinating the trip overall or do we all need to work out our specific routes and ferries etc?
Hiya Skooty Alan,
Having done the trip with two other Calis , even with just two others , having a fixed itinerary didn’t really work out , everyone has their own preferences about where to stay and for how long and what to visit etc . We all really enjoyed ourselves when we were together, however the lesson I learned is it’s about doing what you like best and sharing with each other what experiences you can , or just sharing the planning of what one intends to do to help others With their planning.
Having done the trip before and been often in the North of Norway and Finland I’m happy to help where I can from sharing the experiences we had last time, although travel and accommodation or site arrangements are certainly best made by individuals.
Having said all that it would be great I think if we did have at least one , maybe more meeting points where a group meet could take place. I’m going to check some sites where this could workout, for the numbers and timing and advise soonish about these.
Best wishes

Skooty Alan

Skooty Alan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hiya Skooty Alan,
Having done the trip with two other Calis , even with just two others , having a fixed itinerary didn’t really work out , everyone has their own preferences about where to stay and for how long and what to visit etc . We all really enjoyed ourselves when we were together, however the lesson I learned is it’s about doing what you like best and sharing with each other what experiences you can , or just sharing the planning of what one intends to do to help others With their planning.
Having done the trip before and been often in the North of Norway and Finland I’m happy to help where I can from sharing the experiences we had last time, although travel and accommodation or site arrangements are certainly best made by individuals.
Having said all that it would be great I think if we did have at least one , maybe more meeting points where a group meet could take place. I’m going to check some sites where this could workout, for the numbers and timing and advise soonish about these.
Best wishes
Many thanks, that is very helpful. Keep me in the loop!

VW California Club