Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Not an owner *yet*

PKM

PKM

VIP Member
Hi there
I've joined the forum because I'm hoping to become an owner this year.

I have to convince my husband that we cannot live without one. We're hring one for a week in June so I hope he's convinced.

I am also not an owner...yet.
Like you, I am trying to convince my Supreme Commander that she can't live without one as well. :mrgreen: Good Luck.

Luke

PS...Welcome

Thanks for the welcomes.... :) I've just booked the camper for a week.

He doesn't like the idea of not having hot running water/shower and he doesn't like the thought of public campsites so I also have the challenge of finding a stunning location where we will not be chased off in the middle of the night, that we could not stay otherwise. He'll only be with us for 2 or 3 nights (us being our 4 legged 'children'.... another challenge I suspect).... oh and it really has to be in Dorset or South Devon so he can join us without spending a day driving. Hmmm I like a challenge.

Is there a good website with a list of places to stay or anything like that?

I just had a check in the Travel / UK section, but nothing is listed there yet for Dorest or Devon.
I believe that quite a few folks look at the Camping & Caravan Club and the Caravan Club websites for ideas on sites.
I would be tempted to recommend somewhere around Weymouth / Lulworth for a striking area to set up camp. Good walking for your 4-legged family members.

fatal
thats how we started
had cali on hire october half term last year
then took us ages to source what we wanted but finally picked it up in march 2012
and have never looked back well only the once when i filled up with diesel for the first time
gulp :crazy

Thanks both, Skywalker that is a good suggestion for location - will start looking and try the other websites.

Filling up won't be such a shock - we both drive ridiculous, frivolous 'gas guzzlers' and derive an enormous amount of pleasure from completely wasting our fuel 'when we could have bought a sensible car'..... simply to annoy Prius owners and the like.

Sometimes.....we just leave the cars running on the driveway... for a laugh. I like to leave the lights on when nobody's home.

PKM said:
Thanks both, Skywalker that is a good suggestion for location - will start looking and try the other websites.

Filling up won't be such a shock - we both drive ridiculous, frivolous 'gas guzzlers' and derive an enormous amount of pleasure from completely wasting our fuel 'when we could have bought a sensible car'..... simply to annoy Prius owners and the like.

Sometimes.....we just leave the cars running on the driveway... for a laugh. I like to leave the lights on when nobody's home.

I like you already... :mrgreen: :clap :clap

Thank you :)

In winning your affection I have offended everyone with a sensible vehicle. A small price to pay?

Who wrote the advert on the right? ------------------------------->

I need to explain that the plural of part is parts not part's.

We're gonna be sooooo popular on the campsites aren't we? I can't wait.

PKM said:

:thumb :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl