Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Not possible to use heater

I reckon you could pull the wires off the back of the switch on the cupboard? Don't have that pesky light myself so cant check
Yes that might be the simplest solution .. I will have a look

I reckon you could pull the wires off the back of the switch on the cupboard? Don't have that pesky light myself so cant check
Mind you it goes on and off with any input from the switch, so it might not solve the issue, then I won’t be able to switch it off when it does randomly come on. So I might look to do it at the fuse level

The issue is that the light is on two circuits one wired into the leisure batteries the also the main cabin door opening lights (engine battery I would think)

You would think it would be wired similar to a house 2way lighting circuit. So if you removed the wires from one switch the whole circuit would be disabled. But I'm just guessing here

You would think it would be wired similar to a house w way lighting circuit. So if you removed the wires from one switch the whole circuit would be disabled. But I'm just guessing here
It’s not. It goes through a control unit, with many different inputs. It the most complicated light switch ever invented.

It’s not. It goes through a control unit, with many different inputs. It the most complicated light switch ever invented.
So it’s not possible to disable ? Have you tried and if so is it wise not to go there because of the complexity ? Maybe it’s an auto electrician that’s needed to disable it, mind you if it goes through the control unit who knows

So it’s not possible to disable ? Have you tried and if so is it wise not to go there because of the complexity ? Maybe it’s an auto electrician that’s needed to disable it, mind you if it goes through the control unit who knows
On the other thread, I said I think I read on here somewhere that if you remove the fuse or bulb for the boot light it will disable the circuit.

On the other thread, I said I think I read on here somewhere that if you remove the fuse or bulb for the boot light it will disable the circuit.
The bottom boot light the one under the shelf ? Cant find the tread do you know the link ?

The bottom boot light the one under the shelf ? Cant find the tread do you know the link ?
It was the post from Loz in this thread.

It was the post from Loz in this thread.
Sc19 is the one the dealer rewired, if they did it properly. But looking at it if removing that fuse would also loose the reading lights ?

Sc19 is the one the dealer rewired, if they did it properly. But looking at it if removing that fuse would also loose the reading lights ?
Try removing the bulb in the boot light under the shelf.

By the way, the strip light has a short lead with a plastic connector on the end, as I saw it when they tried replacing my light. So you could try finding that connector, somewhere very near one end of the light, and unplugging it.

Back