Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Notifying insurance company of modifications

If you change wheels for expensive aftermarket ones and don’t tell your insurance company at the very least the wheels won’t be covered in the event of vehicle theft, damage in an accident or just plain old wheel theft.

The mind boggles.
Mods could include:
Towbar, bike rack, roof bars, seat covers, upgraded infotainment, upgraded alloys, solar panel, remap, decals or stickers, wrapping, spoiler, splitter, lowering, side bars, upgraded suspension or brakes, dashcam, et al.
(List taken from various insurance companies)

The mind boggles.
Mods could include:
Towbar, bike rack, roof bars, seat covers, upgraded infotainment, upgraded alloys, solar panel, remap, decals or stickers, wrapping, spoiler, splitter, lowering, side bars, upgraded suspension or brakes, dashcam, et al.
(List taken from various insurance companies)
I have just been doing a car change over on LV IMG_1865.jpeg

Your insurance can only provide cover on what they know about the vehicle and that will be as the vehicle left the factory. They ask you if the vehicle has been modified and if you say no they will assume the vehicle is as it left the factory.
If you tell you insurance company of a mod they will either note it on your file, make a change to your premium or cancel your cover. If you talk to your insurance company before fitting any mod then at least you know where you stand.
My view is I want a simple life and I am up front with my insurance company and I hope that if I need to claim there will be no problems.

I have just been doing a car change over on LV View attachment 117444
Interesting… I had a discussion with Admiral regarding what they deemed as modifications that needed notification…. The end result was me giving them a list of all the factory options over and above the base vehicle… a long list!

I’d like to think they would take the added value of the options into account if I every needed to claim….. but I doubt it.

I have just been doing a car change over on LV View attachment 117444
i'd interpret that as you don't need to tell them about a solar panel...
would you tell them you'd fitted a roof box? though to be fair there's a kid near me that has a "slammed" golf R with a roof box permanently attached, i think that he genuinely believes it looks cool, so that would make it cosmetic... lol

Just checked with Comfort…. There will be no premium increase if I have a solar panel fitted.

Back