Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

insurance renewal ... Elephant doubled down and confused.com didn't help

edocali

edocali

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
My 2020 T6 Ocean insurance is coming up for renewal and after 3 years with Elephant they basically doubled the premium to £840...
No claims were added, my wife was involved in a non-fault accident last year. 12k miles, no biz use on the Cali, 3y NCD.

I ended up on confused.com as it had been my go-to site for years ... and was quite disappointed ending with a max save of £100 on Elephant ...
So I read this forum, and tried LV directly ... much better down to £517

I am extremely confused that confused.com did not include LV ... I am sure it did in previous years. I'd love to know where else I should try.

My 2020 T6 Ocean insurance is coming up for renewal and after 3 years with Elephant they basically doubled the premium to £840...
No claims were added, my wife was involved in a non-fault accident last year. 12k miles, no biz use on the Cali, 3y NCD.

I ended up on confused.com as it had been my go-to site for years ... and was quite disappointed ending with a max save of £100 on Elephant ...

I am extremely confused that confused.com did not include LV ... I am sure it did in previous years. I'd love to know where else I should try.
I think LV may have gone the way of Direct Line and don't use Price Comparison sites.

We use AIB at about £350/year that is full coverage including habitation.

LV always the way to go. I am always wary of no faults - I'm no insurance adjustor but I'm positive they still affect premiums because their thinking is "even with a no fault you were in an accident so who knows, you may be prone...".

LV always the way to go. I am always wary of no faults - I'm no insurance adjustor but I'm positive they still affect premiums because their thinking is "even with a no fault you were in an accident so who knows, you may be prone...".
I know, no faults are penalising. But if it wasn't your fault you could not avoid them and you must disclose them anyway.
Last year my wife car's was hit while parked and eventually the 3rd party admitted full liability (couldn't have been any other outcome) and her bumper was repaired. I had windscreen repairs on my other car.
these events affect my premium on the cali, I am damn angry about that, but can't help.

LV also offer worthwhile discounts for multi-car deals and often have discounted rates for trade union members.

Did everyone do their VW quotes through online?? I have just looked for a quote on my 2013 Ocean and been quoted about £120 more than my last Comfort Insurance policy... came in with VW online at £489

Wife has had two non fault accidents in 2019 and 2020 in a different car which obviously they want to know about.

Adrian Flux was high at £570 - supposedly due to the high value of the vehicle (I said £35,000)

LV online through their Motorhome online quote system was £555.34

I've tried to contact Comfort about a renewal and they say I have to wait for an email to come through although I am driving to France on 31st July and will be abroad when the insurance expires so ideally want to sort it now before I head off......

Anyone had any favourable quotes recently and through who?? Phone or online ??

Thank you in advance

Did everyone do their VW quotes through online?? I have just looked for a quote on my 2013 Ocean and been quoted about £120 more than my last Comfort Insurance policy... came in with VW online at £489

Wife has had two non fault accidents in 2019 and 2020 in a different car which obviously they want to know about.

Adrian Flux was high at £570 - supposedly due to the high value of the vehicle (I said £35,000)

LV online through their Motorhome online quote system was £555.34

I've tried to contact Comfort about a renewal and they say I have to wait for an email to come through although I am driving to France on 31st July and will be abroad when the insurance expires so ideally want to sort it now before I head off......

Anyone had any favourable quotes recently and through who?? Phone or online ??

Thank you in advance
Most of us seem to be with LV. I also have a multicar with them so all in for a Tiguan and Cali, two drivers, its 400 quid. @GrannyJen just had a good experience with one (Comfort I think) but looking at the above it looks like something between 5 and 6 hundred is going to be the price and you have to decide how much of your time is worth spending hours on the phone or web bettering that. if it was me I'd go with LV. Oh, wait, I did :D

Most of us seem to be with LV. I also have a multicar with them so all in for a Tiguan and Cali, two drivers, its 400 quid. @GrannyJen just had a good experience with one (Comfort I think) but looking at the above it looks like something between 5 and 6 hundred is going to be the price and you have to decide how much of your time is worth spending hours on the phone or web bettering that. if it was me I'd go with LV. Oh, wait, I did :D
Did you go through online with LV or call them ? If you called them don't suppose to have the best number for them??

Also just spoke to AIB insurance who use Equity Red Star underwriters and they have come back with £470... quite helpful on the phone overall.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Peeps are in for a shock on renewal time as it's pretty much doubled on any vehicle

I ended up insuring the Cali with LV going through their website not the comparison one.
Still 20% up from last year with Elephant.
When my wife car comes up for renewal I’ll check LV again trying to get a multicar discount

Back