Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

November 17 Increase

Also there's an Honest John discount code for 10% off at ALA. Easily found with a google. don't think they'll pay cash back too but at least the 10% off is at point of purchase rather than waiting for cash back.
I did notice when on ALA site that when I was about to come out of it a discount offer popped up when the cursor/mouse was moved to the top. Less % than Cashback in that instance.
No you can't have cashback and discount sadly, tried that.

I attended the September Dusseldorf Campervan Show. It was my original intention to search after the show for a either a VW T6 Demo or Low Mileage Campervan. However the VW Booth gave me an offer I couldn't refuse... List Price Less 15% on Vehicle & Accessories. I asked for delivery March 15 and that was no issue. My point here is that there is definitely room for negotiation when purchasing a new Campervan.

Hello everyone,

If anybody is looking to order a new California please do be aware of the 3% Price Increase starting from the 1st of November. The price increase is across the whole commercial range, I'm not sure what the story is on the passenger cars.

If you place a factory order before the end of this month you will be eligible for price protection.

Also for this quarter any California funded through VWFS (PCP, HP & LP + 4.9% APR) will be eligible for £1000.00 contribution and 2 free services.

:thumb

Ah, I hadn't seen that.

I bet, its a fair chunk of money on a vehicle that costs over £30,000

just out of interest, where did you get this info from:

Also for this quarter any California funded through VWFS (PCP, HP & LP + 4.9% APR) will be eligible for £1000.00 contribution and 2 free services.

Just want to be clear so when I see Guy + Preston next week (Thursday) we've got it all nailed

Correct, I work in sales at Listers Van Centre in Droitwich, if you send over what you have been quoted I can see what I can do, we are rarely beaten on price.

I'm not in charge of discounts but I will fight your corner when I present it to my manager. I will do my best to beat your quote rest assured! :thumb

Correct, I work in sales at Listers Van Centre in Droitwich, if you send over what you have been quoted I can see what I can do, we are rarely beaten on price.

I'm not in charge of discounts but I will fight your corner when I present it to my manager. I will do my best to beat your quote rest assured! :thumb

Nice one, if you're not a VIP member then I can't message you on the forum. Have you got an email address?

Chatting to the dealer I purchased from yesterday and he tells me all cali’s subject to a further 3% price increase on 1st November. Price protection is only offered if you accept the vehicle when it arrives, he tells me, so ordering for March 1st is not price protected, for example. That should further bolster used prices, whilst tipping 4m DSG 204’s with spec well into £70k+ territory. VW also offering 25-year interest-only mortgages from November 1st to help first time cali buyers!
I beat the 2nd of June 4% increase by two days and the dealer said that VW had also increased prices by 4% in around Dec/Jan. Given that those increases are compounded (i.e. on top of each other), that means that prices will have increased by 11.4% in 10-11 months. Of course the pound dropped over 25% vs the euro between 2015 and 2016.

So how many of us are in the 'order before the price rise' club then?

I've had a few message exchanges on here from others who are sounding pretty committed to ordering before the 3% price hike in November, so own up... who else is there?

If anyone is ordering before the Nov price hike it would be good to know what confirmed build weeks you are getting as soon as they come in. I know Dan (from Listers) posted an update recently.

I expect VW will get a flurry of orders before the price increase.

It would be good to know how busy the factory are. I know options can also have a bearing on delivery times.

Does anyone know if the factory closes for Christmas/New Year?

I don't know if they shut down over the festive period but I'd imagine they would?
My dealer has told my other half it looks like week 47 for me. But they are a week ahead of us numerically?? Not sure how that works or how he knows about week 47 because he did that with out an order number. However I now do have an order number so I will check myself next week :bananadance2

I don't know if they shut down over the festive period but I'd imagine they would?
The only thing I could find was for their Wolfsburg plant..

"The company typically shuts down in Germany between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day, although the exact length of the holiday can vary from year to year."

I'm guessing this will mean that weeks 51/52 are not build weeks. Hopefully a VW insider will be able to shed some light on it...

Back