Number of registered Californias 1900 - 2018

N

Neuon2003

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Statistics at DfT

Registered for the first time: VEH0124
Totals below with breakdown attached.
Full data is available at: VEH0124: Licensed vehicles by make and model and year of first registration United Kingdom
DfT data is categorised into first registration as cars and light goods vehicles

Licensed cars at the end of the year by make and model and year of first registration 1, United Kingdom, 2018

MakeGeneric ModelModelTotal 1900 to 2018
VolkswagenVolkswagen CaliforniaVolkswagen Beach TDI2

Licensed light goods vehicles at the end of the year by make and model and year of first registration 1, United Kingdom, 2018

MakeGeneric ModelModelTotal 1900 to 2018
VolkswagenVolkswagen CaliforniaCalifornia Beach1674
California Berghaus74
California Ocean2225
California SE2772
California TDI4

Attachments

• veh0124.pdf
    49.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I have a feeling there is something wrong with those stats.
That solitary registration in Q1/17 (Feb 2017) must be mine then!
Its about 900/1000 per year and has been for a while. I remember going through some stats a couple of years ago (Can't find them now - but will look again).
The global number of Cali's sold each year is running at between 17/18k. (Source: VW)

I have a feeling there is something wrong with those stats.
That solitary registration in Q1/17 (Feb 2017) must be mine then!
Its about 900/1000 per year and has been for a while. I remember going through some stats a couple of years ago (Can't find them now - but will look again).
The global number of Cali's sold each year is running at between 17/18k. (Source: VW)

The one car in 2017 was a Beach TSI. It is all a straight lift from the quoted DfT source data. Still is about 1000 a year, bottom row of the attached PDF file - which shows the detailed annual breakdown by models for both licensed cars and licensed light goods vehicles.

Well my California has M1 , Diesel Car on it’s V5c registered 1st December 2014.

There is one California registered as a car in Q3 2014 (and one in Q4) :thumb

There is one California registered as a car in Q3 2014 (and one in Q4) :thumb
So VW are registering Californias as Cars or Light Goods Vehicle. Why can they not be consistent.

@mods

I see this thread has been moved to a Forum for discussions not relating to the VW California :thumb

The one car in 2017 was a Beach TSI. It is all a straight lift from the quoted DfT source data. Still is about 1000 a year, bottom row of the attached PDF file - which shows the detailed annual breakdown by models for both licensed cars and licensed light goods vehicles.
Done enough looking - sorry can't find these stats I was referring to.

Done enough looking - sorry can't find these stats I was referring to.

Maybe you were thinking of the total registrations per California model, which is shown in the attached screenshots? In total, 6770 licensed LGV and 277 licensed cars as at 2019 Q1 (27 Jun 19).

Anyway, no worries. The DfT data is what it is and answered how many Californias are there; and what are the sales, which as a curious prospective new owner I could not find on the Forum.

Licenced Cars as at Q1 2019.png

Licenced Light Goods Vehicles as at Q1 2019.png

Back