Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Obd2

Scotclimb

Scotclimb

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hi I’m on the hunt for an idiot proof diagnostic tool. I’ve heRd good reviews on the carista obd2. But amazon tells me it’s not suitable for my vehicle. I have a 2008 2.4 deisel 174 4 motion. Is this the case?? Thanks

Dip your hand into your wallet and buy VCDS, it's the best you will find. Not cheap I will admit but if you, your family and friends are VAG owners it will pay for itself.
There are lifetime updates and support available FOC to registered users plus a forum of expert users to fall back on.
Provided your vehicle is a VAG group product and has an OBD2 port VCDS is compatible, I've owned VCDS for years now and have recently updated the interface to the latest version despite being no expert at using it it has saved me and friends £s over the years.

Dip your hand into your wallet and buy VCDS, it's the best you will find. Not cheap I will admit but if you, your family and friends are VAG owners it will pay for itself.
There are lifetime updates and support available FOC to registered users plus a forum of expert users to fall back on.
Provided your vehicle is a VAG group product and has an OBD2 port VCDS is compatible, I've owned VCDS for years now and have recently updated the interface to the latest version despite being no expert at using it it has saved me and friends £s over the years.
Thanks for your reply. F do o I tgen need to buy a laptop or is it compatible with my phone? Thanks

What is it you want to do with it?

I have VCDS but I also keep a Carista in the glove box, even if there aren't many carista procedures for your model, you will always be able to read the error codes and clear them.

Thanks for your reply. F do o I tgen need to buy a laptop or is it compatible with my phone? Thanks
VCDS is PC based software and is capable of doing everything that a dealer can do, some say more! Have a look at the Ross Tech website.

I use OBD11 for my Cali and Tiguan, paid for itself on the first repair I did. You can buy direct or via Amazon, shame you just missed their Sale. Works with your phone.

I use OBD11 for my Cali and Tiguan, paid for itself on the first repair I did. You can buy direct or via Amazon, shame you just missed their Sale. Works with your phone.
I have both Carista and OBDEleven.
For the Cali and my son's Skoda OBDEleven is more flexible and cheaper overall.
Carista, however, can read and clear errors on other makes, which OBDEleven doesn't seem to.

I have both Carista and OBDEleven.
For the Cali and my son's Skoda OBDEleven is more flexible and cheaper overall.
Carista, however, can read and clear errors on other makes, which OBDEleven doesn't seem to.
Correct but I only need it for my VW's :)
Note OBDEleven have just started their winter sale ...

VCDS is PC based software and is capable of doing everything that a dealer can do, some say more! Have a look at the Ross Tech website.
While VCDS is PC-based (junk system), you can run it on an Apple if you install Virtual Windows system on the Apple.

• Agree
Reactions: Loz