Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Engine emissions light

Unfortunately not, but such behaviour often makes it more difficult to diagnose the root cause of the problem.
So another update this morning started tge van. Stop light came on and check coolant light. Coolant was well below level. Any ideas. Starting to worry now after reading leaks in to cylinders?? Thanks again for replies

So another update this morning started tge van. Stop light came on and check coolant light. Coolant was well below level. Any ideas. Starting to worry now after reading leaks in to cylinders?? Thanks again for replies
I haven’t read every one of your posts but have you got an OBD2 reader? When you are totally relying on others for a diagnosis it’s very time consuming. It might be worth you while buying a reader which is suitable for you model of van and they are inexpensive. I bought a Carista and had some good results. But not sure if the Carista works on the earlier models.

I haven’t read every one of your posts but have you got an OBD2 reader? When you are totally relying on others for a diagnosis it’s very time consuming. It might be worth you while buying a reader which is suitable for you model of van and they are inexpensive. I bought a Carista and had some good results. But not sure if the Carista works on the earlier models.
Thanks I’ll have a search for one.

This what I’ve got for my 2008 T5. Definitely saved me a few pounds.
ANCEL VD500 OBD II Diagnostic Scanner for Volkswagen VW Audi Skoda Seat Diagnosis Check Engine Light EPB ABS SRS Code Reader Oil Throttle Position Adaption Brake Pad Reset Tool https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BS7PDC2/?tag=eliteelect-21

It gives you a code, see below. I usually then Google that and find lots of stuff on forums. It’s what I used to fix my dpf sensor.
A7124142-457D-4544-918B-26F63B29DC38.png

When was the last time you checked the coolant level ?
has it decreased?
not sure ?

When was the last time you checked the coolant level ?
has it decreased?
not sure ?
I noticed a few weeks back it was low so I topped it up. And then today it was really low. Obviously loosing it somewhere. Drove around most of today and all was good. But after being home for around an hour went back out again. And this time it failed to start about five attempts. Then fired up. This may be a totally separate issue from tge coolant/emissions light but thought it is worth mentioning

I noticed a few weeks back it was low so I topped it up. And then today it was really low. Obviously loosing it somewhere. Drove around most of today and all was good. But after being home for around an hour went back out again. And this time it failed to start about five attempts. Then fired up. This may be a totally separate issue from tge coolant/emissions light but thought it is worth mentioning
Could be something simple like a failed pressure cap.

Do keep an eye on the coolant level ideally mark the level at cold and Hot.
if it were me I would check that daily before and after use to discount the possibility of a leak / loss of coolant.

if there is a loss of coolant which is evident with continued bad starting I would get it into a good mechanic to investigate

Back