Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean 2024 lowering with vw options

D

Dizzy

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Advice needed as I am more confused than ever after reading a number of lowering posts.

We have a new 2024 cali ocean, we covered 1000 miles and are pretty much convinced we need to do something about the suspension as its way too wallowy and sometimes makes the Mrs feel a bit queezy.

I don't want to risk any impact on the 5y warranty so don't want to consider third party options and only want to go vw approved parts (albeit don't need to be fitted by vw).

Options are the springs only or the coilovers.

From what I understand springs only will firm things up but won't necessarily improve the comfort. Where as the vw coilovers should do both.

Current quote from vw is 2200 fitted, but they are telling me the kit is for a t30. And to add some unhelpful comment suggested that one customer reverted their california back to standard...

Does the t30 kit sound right ? Or don't they know what they are on about ? I don't want to name the dealer, but I am in the south east.

Cheers

D

Hi Dizzy

We have had our last two Cali's lowered on the VW Sports pack springs Part Number: ZGBSGB0716 77A , stops the body roll ride a bit firmer.

Regards T

Attachments

• Suspension T6.1 California.pdf
    95.4 KB · Views: 14
Jeeez £550 a corner?? I didn't realise it was that expensive to stiffen it up slightly.
I must be honest, coming from a Volvo with air suspension that could be a bit wallowy - albeit relative, I've not noticed it in the Cali.
So does this lower it and tighten it?

Jeeez £550 a corner?? I didn't realise it was that expensive to stiffen it up slightly.
I must be honest, coming from a Volvo with air suspension that could be a bit wallowy - albeit relative, I've not noticed it in the Cali.
So does this lower it and tighten it?
They lowered it to 1500+vat for the kit I mentioned above.

Anyone got that fitted?

Advice needed as I am more confused than ever after reading a number of lowering posts.

We have a new 2024 cali ocean, we covered 1000 miles and are pretty much convinced we need to do something about the suspension as its way too wallowy and sometimes makes the Mrs feel a bit queezy.

I don't want to risk any impact on the 5y warranty so don't want to consider third party options and only want to go vw approved parts (albeit don't need to be fitted by vw).

Options are the springs only or the coilovers.

From what I understand springs only will firm things up but won't necessarily improve the comfort. Where as the vw coilovers should do both.

Current quote from vw is 2200 fitted, but they are telling me the kit is for a t30. And to add some unhelpful comment suggested that one customer reverted their california back to standard...

Does the t30 kit sound right ? Or don't they know what they are on about ? I don't want to name the dealer, but I am in the south east.

Cheers

D
Hi Dizzy,
When I first bought my Ocean in 2016 I was disappointed by the amount of rolling and swaying it did on the slightest of bends, roundabouts being a nightmare. The drive was so skittish at higher speeds, any movement to the steering started an uncomfortable sway.
After doing a lot of research on best way to resolve this issue, I went for an upgrade to the anti role bars. I fitted a set of ARB’s from H&R. It took away all the rolling whilst still maintaining the comfort of the factory fitted springs. It drives now as if on rails.
I hope you find a suitable solution.

Hi Dizzy,
When I first bought my Ocean in 2016 I was disappointed by the amount of rolling and swaying it did on the slightest of bends, roundabouts being a nightmare. The drive was so skittish at higher speeds, any movement to the steering started an uncomfortable sway.
After doing a lot of research on best way to resolve this issue, I went for an upgrade to the anti role bars. I fitted a set of ARB’s from H&R. It took away all the rolling whilst still maintaining the comfort of the factory fitted springs. It drives now as if on rails.
I hope you find a suitable solution.
Thanks for the input, I hadn't considered this route, will read up.

The Eibach T30 kit is correct as the California is based on the T30 Transporter. It’s not entirely clear what your aim is. The title says to lower your Cali, but the text says to make the handling less wallowy.
If looking to do both then I guess you would be best off with the coilovers as they allow for some adjustment. The ARBs sound like an interesting solution to me though.

If not already fitted then change to uprated ARB’s. They will remove the wallow, only downside is that you will feel every pot hole.

Should cost about £600 approx including fitting.

Give Bognor Motors a call - they are very friendly.