Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Oh no, not again!

View attachment 16216 I was in a local dealership on Thursday looking at the T6 Beach. Seems they had done away with the electric roof on the model I saw and gone back to gas assisted struts.

I've seen several German beaches and Coasts like that this week.

I put the roof up and lowered it again. It came down a bit unevenly but seems to be flat. Exactly the same happened with the other side except that this time was worse.
I don't want to try putting it up again in case the bellows get caught bringing it down.
Apparently they don't replace both struts if only one appears to be faulty :headbang
Really not happy at all. The dealer has been terrible and as it is a 45 minute drive each way it is really inconvenient having to keep taking it back and forward.
Think the time has come to contact VW customer service team although whether that will do any good I don't know.
If I didn't love the van so much I would sell it but I have just treated him to a new duvet cover, mats and a back seat storage bag!
I am booked to go away two weekends running soon and I have told them it needs to be fixed, checked and double checked by the end of next week.
Waiting to hear back tomorrow.
Will keep you posted.....
This is where the power of social media comes to the fore. If this dealer has FB page, record your dealings with him on it should he prove stubbornness is stupidity. Best of luck and fingers crossed for you.

View attachment 16216 I was in a local dealership on Thursday looking at the T6 Beach. Seems they had done away with the electric roof on the model I saw and gone back to gas assisted struts.
Beach was always manual. The electric thing was only ever on the SE/ocean as far as I'm aware.

Yes Gillian, I had both the struts replaced as the dealer said it was a known problem and it's best to replace as a pair . Nikonian, the dealer is Citygate commercial vehicles in Colindale and they have been great. All the issues have been sorted with no problem. I was expecting to have to argue about some of them but all good.

Yes Gillian, I had both the struts replaced as the dealer said it was a known problem and it's best to replace as a pair . Nikonian, the dealer is Citygate commercial vehicles in Colindale and they have been great. All the issues have been sorted with no problem. I was expecting to have to argue about some of them but all good.
Many thanks Paul

I hope you problem will be solved soon. Still strange that this problem of "sacking" has never been solved properly. The correction after 12 hours "not-ignition-of-the contact" is still annoying and does not solve the source of the problem.

Update.....
I spent 8 hours at the dealer yesterday
I was told 4, hence why I stayed instead of getting a courtesy vehicle but apparently they ran out of oil for the hydraulic roof system so had to go and get more :headbang
By the time it was finished I just wanted to escape but today I am going to test everything very thoroughly. Fingers crossed! Any problems and there will be hell.
The other thing I am going to try today is taking the new Quechua shelter out of its bag and trying to put it up and back into its bag. Uh oh. Have watched the video several times, plus the lady in decathlon gave me a demo but somehow I think it might not be quite so easy

Update.....
I spent 8 hours at the dealer yesterday
I was told 4, hence why I stayed instead of getting a courtesy vehicle but apparently they ran out of oil for the hydraulic roof system so had to go and get more :headbang
By the time it was finished I just wanted to escape but today I am going to test everything very thoroughly. Fingers crossed! Any problems and there will be hell.
The other thing I am going to try today is taking the new Quechua shelter out of its bag and trying to put it up and back into its bag. Uh oh. Have watched the video several times, plus the lady in decathlon gave me a demo but somehow I think it might not be quite so easy

Good luck with both. Hope it's all sorted for you now. Quechua tents are pretty easy just be firm. The poles wont break, make sure you show who's the be boss.