Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Oiley footprints (again)

JohnCalifornia

JohnCalifornia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hi, had the MOT done today at my local VW van centre as part of the All in one package. After getting oily foot prints on my new light grey mats the last time it went in to the garage I thought I’d put my black rubber mats in just in case they did the same again. This time oily foot prints on the foot steps instead. Grrrrrr. I’m seriously thinking of taking the Cali to a VW car centre instead of a van centre as I’m sure they will show the Cali a bit more love than they do in the van centre as vans are their main vehicles they look after. I don’t think a potential buyer of a Cali would care if the Cali got serviced at a car centre or a van centre. I certainly wouldn’t.

3A25FABC-029D-4FD0-BC77-932E2E6AAA25.jpeg

Last edited:
What were they doing ? Tap dancing on the step ?

What part of that is acceptable In any vehicle business setting ?
next time refuse the wash outside the van and ask them to wash the inside instead. :Iamsorry

absolutely no care for the customers vehicle :mad:

There was no offer of an outside wash and there wasn’t an offer of an outside wash when I got the cam belt and DSG service done and that was hundreds of pounds spent with them.

Had my van in for an MOT last week. When I went to collect it I was told the manager was not happy about some marks on the carpet, so I waited till they cleaned them. Turns out the marks were made by me and my muddy dog walking boots. But got the cab floor shampooed ☺️.

There was no offer of an outside wash and there wasn’t an offer of an outside wash when I got the cam belt and DSG service done and that was hundreds of pounds spent with them.
My comment was rhetorical & sarcastic towards the dealer.

I never let the Dealer wash my van, mine always go In spotless & thats the way I get it back.

the Dealer should Clean up any mess they make before the QC check is carried out on the works -
did you mention it at collection?

Last edited:
No I didn’t mention it. Get on pretty well with the service manager and have had plenty of conversations over the phone about Calis and All in one package etc so didn’t really want to have a winge about a bit of muck on the foot step and get a young grease monkey into trouble. Rather just have a rant with you guys.