Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Use any van centre?

Explorer

Explorer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi All
We have our new Cali but as it was delivered during lockdown we need to visit a van centre to sort out the second key pairing as it wont sync - as recommmeded by the online team who could not sort it out. Then we can finish the WeConnect set up and all the fandangled infotainment centre stuff.

We popped to our local van centre in Milton Park in Didcot but they said they dont do much with Californias. I thought any van centre would do but now i am not so sure - though it does say it is a van centre on the website. Do you think i should find a different van centre - i would quite like to use the same one once we really get going with servicing and maintenance requirements.

Thanks
Yv

Not sure where you are in the country but if you’ve tried Didcot I assume you’re fairly local then I would suggest going to VW Van Centre in Swindon, I’ve used them several times for servicing and are always very helpful and friendly.
Drop the van off and walk to the Mcarthur Glen shopping centre (when open!)

Any van centre SHOULD be able to pair keys
Yes - but if I got the response that the OP had, which basically suggests they know nothing, whether its a Cali or not, I would be looking elsewhere!

Yes - but if I got the response that the OP had, which basically suggests they know nothing, whether its a Cali or not, I would be looking elsewhere!
Yeah that is what i was thinking. Might just get teh key sorted there and find another place. I noticed the club membership has a discount with VW Newbury which is not too far so i will check them out too (assuming they must like California’s??!!)

Yes I concur with that.

Hi All
We have our new Cali but as it was delivered during lockdown we need to visit a van centre to sort out the second key pairing as it wont sync - as recommmeded by the online team who could not sort it out. Then we can finish the WeConnect set up and all the fandangled infotainment centre stuff.

We popped to our local van centre in Milton Park in Didcot but they said they dont do much with Californias. I thought any van centre would do but now i am not so sure - though it does say it is a van centre on the website. Do you think i should find a different van centre - i would quite like to use the same one once we really get going with servicing and maintenance requirements.

Thanks
Yv
Should the keys have been paired on delivery? Something I should check when I take delivery?

Does the key work fit driving & just not paired for the we connect functions?

If it not paired to the central locking etc that’s something any Vw garage should be able to do, but I would suspect they have given you a wrong key?

Does the key work fit driving & just not paired for the we connect functions?

If it not paired to the central locking etc that’s something any Vw garage should be able to do, but I would suspect they have given you a wrong key?
One of the keys works fine but the other key unlocks the door but then the alarm goes off. We spoke with VW tech team and they can ’see’ the keys but seems to be sync issue. So it is a bit weird but they seemed confident that a vw garage should be able to fix it. We found VW Preston super helpful when buying during lockdown so if there is a problem i am confident they will help sort it out!!
I expect that this is all something i am doing wrong and i will look very stupid after two minutes :-0

That doesn’t sound like a Cali specific problem so don’t see why any van centre shouldn’t be able to sort it.

One of the keys works fine but the other key unlocks the door but then the alarm goes off. We spoke with VW tech team and they can ’see’ the keys but seems to be sync issue. So it is a bit weird but they seemed confident that a vw garage should be able to fix it. We found VW Preston super helpful when buying during lockdown so if there is a problem i am confident they will help sort it out!!
I expect that this is all something i am doing wrong and i will look very stupid after two minutes :-0
One of the keys we were given for our van was the key for another vehicle not ours, we didn’t discover this until at home the following day.
We phoned the dealership to tell them, that evening the manager of the dealership drove 140 mile round trip from the van centre to our house to deliver the correct key to us.
That’s how you remedy an error and keep customers happy.

Hi All

Thanks
Yv
You could try this.

One of the keys we were given for our van was the key for another vehicle not ours, we didn’t discover this until at home the following day.
We phoned the dealership to tell them, that evening the manager of the dealership drove 140 mile round trip from the van centre to our house to deliver the correct key to us.
That’s how you remedy an error and keep customers happy.
Which dealership was that? Brilliant service!

Back