Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Orange Engine warning Light

Ozzy Pete

Ozzy Pete

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I’ve been using this for a couple of years. Very good for reading and clearing codes.
Limited-time deal: ANCEL VD500 Pro OBD2 Reader for Volkswagen VW Audi Skoda Seat Diagnosis Check Engine Light EPB ABS SRS Code Reader Oil Throttle Position Adaption Service Due Reset Tool https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZJ3V..._dl_Q8P4ER5VZ289RB2B03S0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I tried the “wired” type and it just didn’t work for me, I had to send it back. I find that the Bluetooth variety gives loads more information. But each to their own and I won’t knock what works for you.

Tocosan

Tocosan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Thanks for all comments so far. I ran the Carista diagnosis and reset all fault codes. The engine warning light not longer glowed. After a trip of about 30 miles the warning light came on again. I ran a full diagnosis on Carista and it returned 5 manufacturer-specific codes, 32137, 32138. 32140, 32142 and 32144. I was not able to find any further information on the web. looks Like its time to call VW assistance.

Tocosan

Tocosan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Before calling VW assistance I did a further check. I reset the orange warning light using Carista. I drove 60 miles on the Motorway, engine smooth, and NO engine warning light . However, the orange Adblue with spanner came on indicating 600 miles before AdBlue should be topped up. ( a few day previously I had 4000 AdBlue miles remaining Then the orange oil can light came on flashing now and again. But NO orange engine light on so far. I returned home switched off the engine and then switched on the ignition - Orange engine warning light returned. The next morning I bought 10 litres of add blue and added 4 litres. This made no difference to the AdBlue warning light. Checked the forums again and came across a thread with rodent damage - checked under the van and saw chewed wires (we have lots of foxes where I live). VW/AA Assistance called and promptly arrived with a non VW technician (who was very good). He made a temporary fix to the wires to AdBlue injector and Oil sensor. All warning alarms cleared (so far) except the orange Adblue/ spanner. Now booked into SMG Cowfold next month.
The AA technician told me he has seen this many times on Ford Transits - and he said foxes have also been known to go for brake pipes.
I shall make a ball of chicken wire and push it under the van where the wires are located hopefully to prevent foxes from getting in, and look into ultra-sonic deterrents for rodents.

Last edited:
Lambeth Cali

Lambeth Cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Before calling VW assistance I did a further check. I reset the orange warning light using Carista. I drove 60 miles on the Motorway, engine smooth, and NO engine warning light . However, the orange Adblue with spanner came on indicating 600 miles before AdBlue should be topped up. ( a few day previously I had 4000 AdBlue miles remaining Then the orange oil can light came on flashing now and again. But NO orange engine light on so far. I returned home switched off the engine and then switched on the ignition - Orange engine warning light returned. The next morning I bought 10 litres of add blue and added 4 litres. This made no difference to the AdBlue warning light. Checked the forums again and came across a thread with rodent damage - checked under the van and saw chewed wires (we have lots of foxes where I live). VW/AA Assistance called and promptly arrived with a non VW technician (who was very good). He made a temporary fix to the wires to AdBlue injector and Oil sensor. All warning alarms cleared (so far) except the orange Adblue/ spanner. Now booked into SMG Cowfold next month.
The AA technician told me he has seen this many times on Ford Transits - and he said foxes have also been known to go for brake pipes.
I shall make a ball of chicken wire and push it under the van where the wires are located hopefully to prevent foxes from getting in, and look into ultra-sonic deterrents for rodents.
There's lots of threads about rodents and fox damage. The chilli tape from Ebay worked for me after 2 lots of wire damage.

VW California Club