Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Order Placed..!

Info update on 'remap'

I've had it confirmed its actually a TDI-Tuning plug in module (CRTD-4).

It claims 306 lb/ft up from 251 standard & 195 bhp up from 148, although there are 7 settings (adjustable via an App) with varying programmes dependant on requirements at any particular time.

Its being offered by Listers or Worcester, I'm dealing with the fleet sales guy there rather than the retail sales (introduction made by a family member). I will of course be confirming the warranty details with him upon confirmation of dealer options (having Sportline springs fitted as well) when they receive the van from VW (expected early Feb).

Notification from the dealer...... the Bus is in the UK :bananadance2

Will try to get down there before collection day to grab a peek & take a few pics, plus need to finalise the dealer options,

only 21 more sleeps to go! :embarrased

With the cost of all these options, did you consider the Ocean, or was it a case of must have seating for 7?

Well done scorf very excited for you - don’t forget to take some pics :cheers

Will certainly take pics & post them whenever we get to see it.

Alan,
Short answer yes, we needed the seating capacity.
Long Answer......we never considered an Ocean for a couple of reasons, one complex & one more straightforward;

Complex first.....essentially, we needed a vehicle to fill multiple roles, family taxi for kids, their friends & occasionally parents, daily commute for either Mrs H or myself and...... tow car!

We've towed a touring caravan for years (before that folding campers & trailer tents) which suited us for our family holidays abroad. The tow vehicle has always been a large 4x4 (Toyota Landcruiser) which had 8 seats & allowed the flexibility mentioned above.

However over the last couple of years, whilst down in southern France & Italy we increasingly noticed caravans being towed by VW camper vans & the seed was planted.....

Mrs H, desperate to hold onto these years of large family holidays, was not prepared to budge from her requirement for a 5+ seated tow car, yet I was really keen for a VW camper van that I could also use to travel to the Le Mans 24hr, British GP, Norwich for football matches etc etc....

Once we'd seen a Beach we could immediately envisage the possibilities it offered, and in our opinion became the only vehicle that could do it all. On holiday we get the spacious 'base camp' of the touring caravan, with the added advantage of the perfect 'day van' vehicle for trips out, as well as 4 extra beds on site at night, meaning everyone can sleep comfortably & no more pup tents to be pitched!!

We also get to trial the California lifestyle over the next 5yrs in time for retirement, and who knows, maybe a commitment to an Ocean at that stage may suit Mrs H & I as we explore Southern Europe during the winter times...

The more mundane straightforward reason is something touched on in other threads. There doesn't appear to be any darker interior trim option with the Ocean. The light coloured interior really is not to our taste at all. Personal preference obviously but we've always avoided light coloured (puppy poo as we've jokingly called them!) interiors in cars as well. I like the darker wood style side units, but not the light coloured seats & especially the lower dashboard.

Last edited:
Hey you beat me by one day. I’m picking up my beach on the second, I’m going to join the grape yellow lot!!!

Spoke to the dealer today.....going to have a peek preview this Saturday, drop off my Beatnik Decals & Bulli Badges. Suspension has been lowered & realigned so will take some pics........ then onto the NEC show for a little 'inspiration' mooching, because.........

CONFIRMED collection on Friday 1st March!

Beyond excited :)

Spoke to the dealer today.....going to have a peek preview this Saturday, drop off my Beatnik Decals & Bulli Badges. Suspension has been lowered & realigned so will take some pics........ then onto the NEC show for a little 'inspiration' mooching, because.........

CONFIRMED collection on Friday 1st March!

Beyond excited :)
Wow well done
Very excited for you - don’t forget the pictures :)

So had a very brief peek today.....
IMG_6262.JPG

Whilst looking a little grubby & in need of a that full pre-collection clean, it was great to finally meet her :thumb

IMG_6257.JPG

Even better..... collection has been bought forward to a minute past midnight on Thursday night / Friday morning...... so if anyone spots us on the M5, M42 or M6Toll in the early hours of Friday, give us a honk!

The red side decals set off the red reflectors and lights very nicely :cool:

Lovely looking Cali