Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Order placed

Thelovewalrus

Thelovewalrus

I
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Happy to report we placed an order for a new ocean today with James Daniels from Eurovans in Crawley. A nice man to do business with. Now the long wait begins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likewise, congrats. I also ordered via Crawley in late May. Unconfirmed build week 9th Jan.

Happy to report we placed an order for a new ocean today with James Daniels from Eurovans in Crawley. A nice man to do business with. Now the long wait begins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome. Plenty of time then to read the Forum and plan.

I would agree but that's VW terminology not mine. Only today, VW Customer Services confirmed that it will remain an "unconfirmed" "build date" until a matter of weeks before they confirm the build week. They may well bring the build date forwards or backwards at any time but will not "confirm" the build date until a few weeks before it actually takes place. As such, i am likely to be "unconfirmed" for many months. My discussion with them was based around their perception of what constitutes customer service. I can cope with waiting but am increasingly frustrated by the uncertainty attached to the process. They stated they understood that but they have done this for years and won't change!

I would agree but that's VW terminology not mine. Only today, VW Customer Services confirmed that it will remain an "unconfirmed" "build date" until a matter of weeks before they confirm the build week. They may well bring the build date forwards or backwards at any time but will not "confirm" the build date until a few weeks before it actually takes place. As such, i am likely to be "unconfirmed" for many months. My discussion with them was based around their perception of what constitutes customer service. I can cope with waiting but am increasingly frustrated by the uncertainty attached to the process. They stated they understood that but they have done this for years and won't change!
Not heard of that before. Sounds like you've been spun a yarn. I would ask the dealer for a supply update estimation. Unless they have used up their allocation and you have been moved on. E.g. Lead time of Feb 17. Then ask them to update you when status changes. From order, to placed, to build confined, at factory, clear of factory, at port, in uk, at dealer etc.
Its as simple as that really. If emails suit request them or a one liner call. As to be honest who wants 26 calls to say its still not here.

Dear Geezso, pleased to say I was not spun a yarn. The order process is as outlined to me by VWCS. I think the terminology varies depending on who you speak to.

Dear Geezso, pleased to say I was not spun a yarn. The order process is as outlined to me by VWCS. I think the terminology varies depending on who you speak to.

Agree .
We ordered from Eurovans who gave unconfirmed build date & said it would only become confirmed few weeks before confirmed build date. The unconfirmed date looked to be moving backwards at times.
In the end got the van ahead of the original estimated delivery date.
I emailed occasionally to get updates.

Last edited: