Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Our first night in the Cali

Nottledim

Nottledim

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
We've just been to Stratford and stayed over night. Every thing worked very well but it was several degrees below 0. We slept upstairs and whilst we were mostly warm under a duvet the two oval roof vents near the front of the fabric of the roof acted as funnels for the cold air and our heads were freezing.

We don't yet have a topper of any variety, other than wearing some fetching hats in bed, is a topper or lining the only way to cut out the draft and keep the icicles off our noses? :cool (if you see what I mean)

We did have the heating on for a while but it roars and ticks so is not very restful.

Can't wait for warmer weather ;)

Hi there not the best weekend to try out the cali :headbang I have a topper and find it makes a great difference to the temperature up top.It creates a warm layer in between the topper and the
Canvas of the roof :thumb

Glad you're loving it. The topper makes all the difference, in fact earlier this year I camped in -25 in the Alps with a topper, and had the heater on 1 and all was good :thumb

Hi :hello

We had the same issues late last year as we got our Cali late in the year we had a few chilly nights up top. We brought a Pucer screen last week and used it for the first time this weekend, it made a massive difference. We didn't need the heating at all once in bed and were snugg as bug :thumb

Steve

Thanks. I will begin negotiations with the budget holder. :D

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
Glad you're loving it. The topper makes all the difference, in fact earlier this year I camped in -25 in the Alps with a topper, and had the heater on 1 and all was good :thumb

Didn't the gaz freeze, i must be doing something wrong!

Where did you stay in Stratford? We are planning to go shortly.

:hello
We stayed at Dodwell Park. It's about 2 miles out of Stratford and has level hard standing and clean facilities adjacent to a residential park. it's not somewhere I would aim to go to other than for a short stop. The pitches are quite close together.
We were at the theatre so got to the pitch after 22:45 with no access issues.

Next time we go we are booked in at Riverside.

I'm told there is a carpark near the centre that can be used for overnight stays but only has carpark type facilities. Haven't tried that.

Let me know where you stay.

A&A

raynormor said:
BMVS-Camper-Hire said:

Didn't the gaz freeze, i must be doing something wrong!

Hi

To be fair we didnt have any issues, although we didn't cook meals in it, just used the California for sleeping, breakfast, and drying clothes. We had the odd hot drink, but ate out every night :D

Back