Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

After 1st night in a Cali - a few questions !

All those leaving the waste outside under the Cali beware this attracts animals (and ants). We foud our wastebag totaly ript open and spread arround once parked up near a French forrest .Could have been birds like crows , etc... but unlikely as they general don't go out at night when dark . Think it might have been a cat , fox , weasel or even a wild boar . Took me 10 minutes to collect all the small bits of ript paper/plastic together!
Since then i try to trow it in the bin when walking the dog before going to sleep (at sites) and leave it inside when freestanding .

Last edited:
Sounds like leak round high level brake light dripping inside area where seats are stored due to poor seal. Check there for damp, sometimes drips inside to mattress at back. Known fault, search the forum but I had light replaced couple weeks back under warranty. Only leaked when strong wind driven rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We use this for washing up
08a5ed9bc03f73003d5c95bc24a2b93b.jpg
When unused it‘s place is in the sink.
I need some help please.....what is that device connected to your tap - the red thing! And where did you get it?? Thanks.

Thanks for the information. Doubt I will use it as an outside shower but to clean the Cali when I am on holiday! Now that's another thing! Could have done with it in France this summer after going to a number of equestrian events - always a dust cloud in the carparks!!
Thanks again.

Re the dripping sound, do you have a bike rack, our dripping / tapping noise turned out to be one of the Velcro straps knocking against the back window on a very windy night, worst night ever sleep ever !!

The washing up bowl is there to be melted first and then ditched!
I use an outwell collapsable bowl and store it in brandrup drivers side seat pockets.

Where did you get wine rack, can you send a link please
We don’t have a rack. If we use a 4 wine carrier, it is a cardboard one from Ocado, and the 6 wine carrier is a cardboard one from Tesco. The width is just right for the space and with the bottles being separated they don’t clang and rattle,

Here’s a photo I posted a while ago on a conversation about mats. You can see the 4 bottle size box in situ.

We also use one this size inside the cupboard to hold wine glasses to keep them safe.

0B86F2FE-CAD8-4982-A6DD-58DA0EE8A6EB.jpeg

Hi Everyone
Does anyone else think that the sink bowl just gets in the way? It just doesn’t seem to be helpful when there is a plug for the bowl or am i missing the point?
I believe there are some good reasons for te bowl and it is very well designed :
1. plastic: keeps the hot water longer warm , otherwise the metal sink/cooking area acts as a large heat sink.
2. plastic is less noisy and prevents from scratching the metal sink, also when you leave things in there when driving around.
3. you can use it as a secondary sink (washing/rinsing)
4. you can use it to carry stuff and many other uses as mentioned by fellow members here , but sits nicely out of the way when not in use.
5. in my opinion the most clever and obvious reason : if you overfill or spoil some water from the plastic bowl , the sink (without the plug installed) acts as an overflow !! Anyone ever considered what would happen if you leave the water tap running with the plug in the sink ? (never say never..)

We do dishwashing in the bowl on some occasions (wild camping, camper parking with no facilities) but use the camping facilities most of the time like most of us.

Back