Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Our Trip to Sitges

M

m4rky

Hi All

Just a few pics of our weeks trip to Sitges which was fantastic. We were pretty lucky as the weather was hot and there were no traffic problems to speak of.

We first stayed at Olivet as this was recommended by so many people on this forum and we could see why. The people that run it are so friendly and it is spotlessly clean. The route we took was Dunkirk - Rouen - Evreux - Dreux - Chartres - Orleans which kept us off the Autoroute and on the National roads.

Here we are at Olivet

SNV32328.jpg

We only stayed at Olivet for one night before heading down to Maureillas in the South where we stayed on a friends property which was free :thumb

Heading down to Maureillas

SNV32322.jpg

The Millau Viaduct

SNV32325.jpg

Generally having a good time on the way :lol:

SNV32286.jpg

Chilling with a nice glass of wine after the long drive

SNV32294.jpg

We then set off to Sitges and went through the centre of Barcelona on the way as we were not in a rush. Again we stayed off of the Autoroutes and headed out through Jonqueres and followed the National roads all of the way

We stayed for a couple of nights at a camp site called Sitges Bungalow and camping site. It was ok but for the money €32 per night they really need to improve the washing facilities. At best it was a bit like a truck stop but on the plus side they had a great swimming pool which was lovely in the sun.

A couple of pics parked up at Sitges

SNV32290.jpg

SNV32291.jpg

If you haven't got an airsafe lock they are worth every penny. In the heat they are a must and this is how far they lock the rear door open for air

SNV32292.jpg

We were in Sitges when the festival was on and the place was packed. This photo was taken at about 23:00 and the beach was packed with people from all over the region who had come to enjoy the festival and the fireworks

SNV32316.jpg

All in all a great trip and we are now planning our next one :thumb

I hope you enjoyed the pictures :grin:

Thanks for sharing that with us Mark, we are planning a similar trip next year, glad you liked the site in Olivet it is perfect for a stopover :thumb

I also think we need to invest in an airsafe lock, it is not a nice place to be downstairs when the night time temp is 25+ degree's

Martin said:
Thanks for sharing that with us Mark, we are planning a similar trip next year, glad you liked the site in Olivet it is perfect for a stopover :thumb

I also think we need to invest in an airsafe lock, it is not a nice place to be downstairs when the night time temp is 25+ degree's

We will definitely stay there again Martin - They don't usually open the front gate until 07:30 but when I explained that I needed to leave at 05:00, they simply said no problem and showed me how to open it early :grin:

Oh but on the agreement that I would be really quiet leaving.

The airsafe lock is great - Its a bit tricky to use the first time you use it - but it really does lock the door solidly in the open position. We were really grateful for it because for two of the nights it stayed at 32 degrees - phew it was hot!

Did you go to the perfectly preserved banked race track....a real gem.....from 1920s I think and similar to Brooklands...as I say complete and preserved......it's at Sitges.......

Google it....makes very interesting reading......I roamed it a couple of years ago while there for Montmelo F1 GP.....also old street track at Montjuich park in Barcelona worth a stroll.....

Cracking smiley pics and the trip sounds awesome!

Salut m4rky.

If you really want to enjoy the beaches and landscapes have to go north of Blanes: The Costa Brava