Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Outside temperature sensor t5

Blackedition

Blackedition

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Does anyone know where i can find the second temperature sensor G249 on the van ?
Its not the one behind the bumper, but a second one that works with the control panel.
I have an error code 6000 and a flashing light on the panel.
Just had a pixel repair on the control panel this week... Anyone who can help me out?
Maybe a broken sensor ? ... Thanx46437

I seem to remember there was one listed on the wiring harness in the vicinity of the rear wardrobe, maybe in the secondary battery compartment?

Not sure if this helps.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/roof-wont-open-ignition-on.13761/

Post 11 onwards helpful.
Might be worth resetting the control panel too.

As Loz says, looks like it is outside under cupboard/near waste water drain pipe.

Are all the cables to the display connected?
You have the big one with the turning lever. And then you have a 2 cable connector to push in and a 6? cable connector.
Maybe one of the connectors is not properly installed?

It is below the van by the wastewater drain.

Mine was hanging loose and I couldn't find where was supposed to be mounted so cable tied it to a convenient piece of the van.
It could reside above the plastic splash shield.

Alan

It is below the van by the wastewater drain.

Mine was hanging loose and I couldn't find where was supposed to be mounted so cable tied it to a convenient piece of the van.
It could reside above the plastic splash shield.

Alan
there will be a hole in one of the plastic shields underneath the van. It clicks in it if I remember correctly.

Are all the cables to the display connected?
You have the big one with the turning lever. And then you have a 2 cable connector to push in and a 6? cable connector.
Maybe one of the connectors is not properly installed?
Thanks will look for that

there will be a hole in one of the plastic shields underneath the van. It clicks in it if I remember correctly.
Do you have to take the plastic cover off to find sensor .
Also does anyone have a part no . As mine has stopped working.

Maybe it is fallen out and ripped off while driving?
Otherwise, if it is under the plastic part (or above), it should not necessarily be broken.
To find out, you will have to remove the part where it is supposed to be. Somewhere near the left rear wheel.

Might even be so.
I think I have seen one on my van, but not sure about the first generation.

I have a 2006 and a temp. sensor next to the waste water drain pipe...

Told you I had seen mine.
It's that strange thing on the left of the plastic trim.

Back