Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Overhead lockers

exactly, they seem made for the California with kitchen and smaller trunk

We're looking to maximize the storage potential in our beach and one thing we've recently seen are overhead lockers at the back of the van over the boot area.

These are the models I've seen :

Camperx
Evo Design
Freizeit (free time)

Has anyone used these or know of any others?

Thanks!

David

VW-T6-Zubeh%C3%B6r-458x458.jpg
Hello Everybody..
looks nice but a bit steep in pricing I think 400 euro's plus??
I could easely make one in polyester for half te price...
same looks mayebe even stronger and lighter
Could even make a carbon fiber one if wanted.
problem is I just need one to take a mold off..
here's some stuff I made before in carbon fibre or polyester
mosteley motorbikes or performance cars..
a overhead locker would'nt be such a problem I think
cheers
Peter1405274599975.jpg 20150301_151338.jpg 20150301_151504.jpg 20150301_151953.jpg 20140310_231240.jpg

Wow

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Oo, lovely, great skill there, I would love some nice strong carbon wheel arch protectors?

I'm tempted to order a set sent directly to you...
before you do Loz
please post me some pictures of the items, I still have to see if its possible and at what price...
hell of a differance if I need to make one set or a few..still have to make the molds and if its onley for one set..
very costly....make sense once you have the molds youre ready for a few hunderd sets...
so you can diveid the molding costs by a few hunderd...otherwise its a "one off"or custum job... and they don't come cheap
if further interest best to drop me a line at

pikfee@+++++++.com

cheers
Peter

before you do Loz
please post me some pictures of the items, I still have to see if its possible and at what price...
hell of a differance if I need to make one set or a few..still have to make the molds and if its onley for one set..
very costly....make sense once you have the molds youre ready for a few hunderd sets...
so you can diveid the molding costs by a few hunderd...otherwise its a "one off"or custum job... and they don't come cheap

pikfee@+++++++.com

cheers
Peter
Yes of course I understand, I was thinking out loud, I will be ordering a set at the end of the year when my cali gets here and will see how the moulding works and pick up my thoughts again at that time.
But I am sure there will be a market for some well made protection seeing as the van length rubbing strips are also now missing.

How are they secured? We are having problems with the californiacamping ones we bought second hand slipping down!
Only saw this post now.
A bit hard to explain.
The bags are attached in the back to a hard plate-like material that only bends a little. This plate has the size of the window, it's about 3mm thick and it slides under the california blinds in the top. There are 2 foam blocks of about 1cm wide on the side of the plate near the top (between blind and plate) so that the plate sits tightly against the window. That alone is enough and the bottom of the plate sits near the window held down by gravity. But still there's also velcro to prevent it from sliding sideways in the bottom.
The velcro is not necessary, still I added it. It just works

Only saw this post now.
A bit hard to explain.
The bags are attached in the back to a hard plate-like material that only bends a little. This plate has the size of the window, it's about 3mm thick and it slides under the california blinds in the top. There are 2 foam blocks of about 1cm wide on the side of the plate near the top (between blind and plate) so that the plate sits tightly against the window. That alone is enough and the bottom of the plate sits near the window held down by gravity. But still there's also velcro to prevent it from sliding sideways in the bottom.
The velcro is not necessary, still I added it. It just works

Do they completely black the window allowing them to stay in situ at night? i.e. No need to remove & close the blind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they completely black the window allowing them to stay in situ at night? i.e. No need to remove & close the blind?

It is about as good as the california blinds. A bit better on the bottom (always had some leak with the cali blinds), a very little bit of light on the edges. Doesn't bother me at all. We slept great last weekend.
We don't remove them. Not even for day to day driving.
The manual says that you may have to remove them from time to time to remove condensation on the windows - guess that's not for this season. It's only 20 seconds per bag to do that though.

It is about as good as the california blinds. A bit better on the bottom (always had some leak with the cali blinds), a very little bit of light on the edges. Doesn't bother me at all. We slept great last weekend.
We don't remove them. Not even for day to day driving.
The manual says that you may have to remove them from time to time to remove condensation on the windows - guess that's not for this season. It's only 20 seconds per bag to do that though.

As I thought, thanks for confirming as I really think these would be useful!

Cheers!

before you do Loz

pikfee@+++++++.com

cheers
Peter
I can't message you directly Peter so forgive me reviving a seven year old thread...Did you ever make an overhead locker please?
https://camperx.ch/produkt/dachschrank/

I can't message you directly Peter so forgive me reviving a seven year old thread...Did you ever make an overhead locker please?
https://camperx.ch/produkt/dachschrank/
Hi, I'm in the UK and trying to find a rigid overhead storage solution for our T6 Beach. There do seem to be a couple of options in Germany or Switzerland, but neither site will send to the UK.

Wondering if anyone has found an alternative solution?

Cheers

Evo (mentioned near the start of this thread)

go to support for technical drawings

What about fitting an Ocean storage locker?

Probably no good to those of you not in Germany or close by but I found this guy:
Click on shop to see what he offers.

He does a nice looking locker:
I want to keep the interior light so I spoke to him and he is making me a bespoke one in light grey to match the existing interior. He is about two hours drive from me and it should be ready in around 5 weeks.

To me the CamperX one looks the sleekest, but it’s so expensive for the small amount of additional storage. I would suggest window bags first.