Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Paintwork ceramic coatings

We have done this on a couple of cars and the result was okay but I didn’t feel the long term performance lived up to the hype. For instance, on a current metallic black car, we paid £450 for a coating, and in under 2 years even a short term (1 day) contact with bird poo left a mark.

When getting our van in February I looked at the ceramic coatings again, but decided to apply my own. After watching a few videos I went for Autoglym - as I’ve also used the range before. I got rapid detailer, followed by rapid ceramic spray. That was 3 months ago and the finish is still hygroscopic and smooth. I also use Aqua Wax after every 2nd wash, which helps. I plan to reapply the ceramic coating after 4 months - the job takes about an hour on top of a standard wash. The bottle cost £20 and I think I will get 3 or 4 coatings - so at least a year.

No coatings or PPE. Kept outside 24/7. Monthly wash during summer with bucket and hose. Polished Spring and Autumn. Auto shine Wash &Wax and Nano Spray Polish.View attachment 93057

Does need a Wash now though.
View attachment 93058
Same here. I think the paint quality is top notch, just look after it yourself.
no need for the stage 1 stage 3 g tech bull.
I credit Vw and myself for keeping it looking good.

03AF519E-7585-4A5B-8034-22898E8461C9.jpeg

Back