Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Palmerstons Delamination

B

Baylinerjersey

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi all and Happy New year

I noticed today 2 tiny pin head scratches on one of my Palmerstons. Not sure how it happened but looks like a stone flicked up on to the alloy, as I have not hit any curbs. As I say they are tiny. Is there any lacquer I can put over the top to prevent any delimitation happening in the future. It may not happen but have heard stories of where spreading can occur and the wheels start to rot. As I say there the size of a pin head.

Thanks in advance

paolo

You are suffering from the usual Diamond Cut finish failure which can only be professionally repaired.

Any attempt to rub /sand it out will make it worse as you can't get the Diamond Cut finish only a polished alloy one at best.

You might have some success with this kit, worth a try possibly

You are suffering from the usual Diamond Cut finish failure which can only be professionally repaired.

Any attempt to rub /sand it out will make it worse as you can't get the Diamond Cut finish only a polished alloy one at best.

You might have some success with this kit, worth a try possibly

Thank you

Gave them a clean today and 3 out of four wheels have a little worming annoying as I have not hit any curbs.

EFB1126D-089E-4D31-8318-6E1260C987BA.jpeg

3B9A118A-E855-4CEA-90DC-36F017918AE8.jpeg

11253593-8E7D-41FF-9B22-E719811D7D57.jpeg

If they are factory fit and the van is still within warranty period then don’t touch them, go back to the dealer and insist they are replaced under warranty. They are covered and as long as there isn’t any other damage (kerb rash etc. - they will check them thoroughly) on the rim then it shouldn’t be a problem.

If they are factory fit and the van is still within warranty period then don’t touch them, go back to the dealer and insist they are replaced under warranty. They are covered and as long as there isn’t any other damage (kerb rash etc. - they will check them thoroughly) on the rim then it shouldn’t be a problem.
Replicas from cmwheels, so not a lot a can do. I have emailed them but no response. They wanted 2.5k for new Palmerstons which I enquired about after I picked up the van which I wasn’t going to pay. If they get worse I will have them powder coated in black. So annoying as I drive the van super carefully

You pay your money and take your chances……

Replicas from cmwheels, so not a lot a can do. I have emailed them but no response. They wanted 2.5k for new Palmerstons which I enquired about after I picked up the van which I wasn’t going to pay. If they get worse I will have them powder coated in black. So annoying as I drive the van super carefully
If I am honest the black paint on your wheels looks poor aswell. So much orange peel effect.
I would get them blasted and repainted.

If I am honest the black paint on your wheels looks poor aswell. So much orange peel effect.
I would get them blasted and repainted.
Thanks I’m not to bothered about the black paint you have to look very closely to see that and doubt anyone notices when im doing 40 along a road

Thanks I’m not to bothered about the black paint you have to look very closely to see that and doubt anyone notices when im doing 40 along a road
Nor would they see the failing lacquer, at 40mph.

Very true
Personally, run them until it gets really bad and then get them refurbished and powder coated.
Unfortunately, you have confirmed my long term decision never to get diamond cut wheels. They will all suffer this problem at some point.
They may look good but rarely for long.

Personally, run them until it gets really bad and then get them refurbished and powder coated.
Unfortunately, you have confirmed my long term decision never to get diamond cut wheels. They will all suffer this problem at some point.
They may look good but rarely for long.
Yes agree look lovely at the start but not so great after a while, hopefully they will not get any worse but I’m not sure that’s the case. I should of known as I have diamond cut alloys on another car that are ruined but thought that was down to the the other half curbing them

Back