Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach factory fit parking heater outlets?

C

Chainline

VIP Member
This will be a short thread! As an Ex Cali Ocean (but before they were called that) owner now thinking of the Beach due to a more grown up family and different use I am familiar with the parking heater vent outlets.

I would definitely want a factory fit heater on a beach but I can't seem to determine how it heats the cab, I've seen pictures of outlets under the drivers swivel seat (is this a retrofit?)

So where are the parking heater outlets into the van for a Beach specced with 3 zone Climatronic and Comfort Dash? Are they the same as on the Cali Ocean (SE) or some other arrangement since VW seem to deliberately try to downgrade and fleece UK Beach buyers! (Or is it just me that seems to think this?) e.g. why no fold down headrests on the two seat Beach bench (I want a 3 seat) version!

This will be a short thread! As an Ex Cali Ocean (but before they were called that) owner now thinking of the Beach due to a more grown up family and different use I am familiar with the parking heater vent outlets.

I would definitely want a factory fit heater on a beach but I can't seem to determine how it heats the cab, I've seen pictures of outlets under the drivers swivel seat (is this a retrofit?)

So where are the parking heater outlets into the van for a Beach specced with 3 zone Climatronic and Comfort Dash? Are they the same as on the Cali Ocean (SE) or some other arrangement since VW seem to deliberately try to downgrade and fleece UK Beach buyers! (Or is it just me that seems to think this?) e.g. why no fold down headrests on the two seat Beach bench (I want a 3 seat) version!

One is on the pillar between the driver and rear slide door. The other is opposite on the near side .
All you need to know is they work a treat :thumb

Thanks. So no vent into front footwell. Seems odd they wouldn’t be the same!

The front right footwell is the INtake
@Euge , does a Beach has two outlets for the aux-heater?

One on my 2012 SE

the right drivers footwell is indeed the intake air. mine has 2 outlets factory fitted one blows into the main area and the other is about 1 inch away and for some reason blows at the drivers seat base

One on my 2012 SE

I’m ashamed to say I’m not sure. There’s definitely one just behind the drivers seat and I thought there was one bag opposir

One on my 2012 SE

Just shows how shocking my knowledge is :talktothehand
Two outlets to the back of the drivers seat. One facing towards the front one facing the rear. Intake in the drivers footwell.
Used it to great effect on the west coast of Ireland last weekend to dry out clothes though. Great bit of kit.

Why can't a SE / Ocean have two outlets...
Must stick my head in a Beach next time a see one...a lot to learn

Why can't a SE / Ocean have two outlets...
Must stick my head in a Beach next time a see one...a lot to learn
They do. Behind the plastic grill on the B pillar by the sliding door there are in fact 2 outlets, one directed straight back parallel to the sliding door and one across the vehicle to the other side towards the kitchen. They are just covered by 1 plastic grill covering both.
8B7CB777-07D0-4FDA-824C-B8044968AE70.jpeg

So how does it looks at in a Beach , i see writings above "on the opposite side" to me on the other side...?

Excellent. What I hoped. Ones at local dealer don’t need have it fitted.

Back