Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking on a very steep hill

On the T6 it starts creeping as soon as brake is released, I guess it should be the same on a 2015 T5?
It does, well it does on mine.

"From what I have read regarding other DSG vehicles, you can use the Handbrake to hold the vehicle because until the Footbrake is fully OFF then the DSG clutch is not engaged.
So treat it like a Manual. Start - Footbrake Off - Gas ON and then release the Handbrake as you feel it pulling. In fact you may not need any additional accelerator as the vehicle is quite capable of pulling up a very steep slope on idle ONCE the clutch is fully engaged and that can only happen when the Footbrake is Fully Off."

When attempting to get started, I released the foot brake, applied revs up to about 1,500 and slowly released the hand-brake until the van started rolling backwards and I quickly had hit the foot brake - each attempt left me a few inches further down hill. The recovery guy claimed to be familiar with DSGs but had the same problem. When hooked up to his winch and with the rope under tension, I could release the parking and foot brakes and I tried again (Gear to Drive) - the DSG simply wouldn't engage, as if in Neutral and rev'ed up. Then moved the gear to Neutral and got winched out. It acted as if there's a attitude sensor cutout - can't imagine there is one? Perhaps I should have it looked at?
I agree. It should be looked at.

DSG boxes like anything else can go wrong. Our first Cali was a DSG and there was no way it would reverse up our steep drive whatever combination of brakes, accelerator was tried. It either flew backwards uncontrollably or stalled. Turned out it was faulty box and was replaced under warranty at 14k miles. Other things I disliked about the DSG so sold it and got a manual.

Back