Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Simple DIY hack to stop anything stored in the through-storage area under the bench seat getting in the way of re-stowing the folding table

WaikatoCalifornia

WaikatoCalifornia

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Ever made use of the fairly generous through-storage area on the kitchen side of the bench seat, only to find that you can’t re-stow the folding table after using it?

I store my Thule levelling ramps in that slot (they’re almost a perfect fit), and I have had that happen a few times. Very annoying!

But there’s a simple hack: get a length of L-shaped (right angle) aluminium extrusion, put some 3m velcro command adhesive (removable) strip and install it as I have in the below pictures. I got a bit fancy and added some foam to stop it rattling and some end stoppers so that nothing would get cut by the sharp edges, but you could just file them down to blunt them.

You can do the same on the other side if you find whatever it is you are storing gets snagged by the draws/bench seat when you open it/slide it forward.

I am in New Zealand and I bought 1 metre of L-angle from Bunnings for $12, but I am sure any hardware store in Australia, the UK or Europe would sell something similar.

IMG_0675.jpeg

IMG_0677.jpeg

IMG_0678.jpeg

IMG_0679.jpeg

Back