Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking Sensor Stuck On

The Mighty Pauls

The Mighty Pauls

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hello again lovely people!

One of my front parking sensors seems to be playing up. If I put the van into reverse, activating the system, there is a loud beep and the visual display on the RNS500 seems to indicate that the front near side sensor is picking something up.

In the past, this usually indicates that there is some mud on the sensor and a quick wipe solves the problem. But not now.

Any suggestions? Is it possible to ‘reset’ or recalibrate the sensors? I’m reluctant to take to the local dealership as they are about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

As always - any advice would be very much appreciated.

TMP Bristol

swap it out yourself, i think it's quite simple. you can get your hands on them up behind the bumper. as for resetting them, i've not heard about doing that as they are more like a proximity switch

A bit of help distinguishing which one(s) are faulty

Hello again lovely people!

One of my front parking sensors seems to be playing up. If I put the van into reverse, activating the system, there is a loud beep and the visual display on the RNS500 seems to indicate that the front near side sensor is picking something up.

In the past, this usually indicates that there is some mud on the sensor and a quick wipe solves the problem. But not now.

Any suggestions? Is it possible to ‘reset’ or recalibrate the sensors? I’m reluctant to take to the local dealership as they are about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

As always - any advice would be very much appreciated.

TMP Bristol
I had a similar issue with my BMW a few years back, turned out to be stone damage resulting in the damaged sensor being replaced.

Back