Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking Weight Limits

Miles Porter

Miles Porter

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Where there are parking weight limits of 2500kg e.g. Monmouth council car parks, then would a 2018 Ocean exceed this.....would the unladen weight be considered as 2500kg? This is somewhat confusing with lots of contradicting information so any advice will be much appreciated. We are looking at visiting Abergavenny which does have parking weight limits in council run car parks.

Don't know the exact UK law but if it says max 2500kg and the Cali has a 3000kg total max weight (even if you are not exeeding it at that time beeing not fully loaded) you are not allowed there .
It's not how much your current weight is , it's what the max weight could be that counts in law .

Thanks - the Monmouthshire council sure suggests Campervan’s are welcome but have a limit of 2500kg for vehicles.

Thanks - the Monmouthshire council sure suggests Campervan’s are welcome but have a limit of 2500kg for vehicles.
I’ve parked in numerous car parks in Abergavenny without any problems.

I live part of the year at Abergavenny, did not know of the restrictions and anyway park in the car parks without issue. No one would have the interest to check a California weight or kick you out.

Where there are parking weight limits of 2500kg e.g. Monmouth council car parks, then would a 2018 Ocean exceed this.....would the unladen weight be considered as 2500kg? This is somewhat confusing with lots of contradicting information so any advice will be much appreciated. We are looking at visiting Abergavenny which does have parking weight limits in council run car parks.

I checked this at the time of the new restrictions for the Rotherhithe Tunnel. The limits refer to the maximum legal weight. A black limit on a white background in a red circle applies to all vehicles. A white limit in a black lorry icon with a white background inside a red circle applies to commercial vehicles only and includes campervans converted from commercial vans, but not the California.

I checked this at the time of the new restrictions for the Rotherhithe Tunnel. The limits refer to the maximum legal weight. A black limit on a white background in a red circle applies to all vehicles. A white limit in a black lorry icon with a white background inside a red circle applies to commercial vehicles only and includes campervans converted from commercial vans, but not the California.
Can confirm that applies to commercial vehicles so presumption is that it’s fine for an Ocean. We are parked up now so fingers crossed

Can confirm that applies to commercial vehicles so presumption is that it’s fine for an Ocean. We are parked up now so fingers crossed
You can uncross your fingers. A Range Rover weighs more than 3000 Kgms according to Land Rover and you are not a Commercial Vehicle.

Back