Partition Boards

Mr T

Mr T

Chris
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
The partition boards in my new GC have no holes in, sure I’ve seen earlier models have like oval cut outs in, or did I imagine that?

E23FE3DE-BDA3-4B6F-A26B-A71F97409DCC.jpeg

You did not imagine that. Mine has cutouts

Is that the OEM carpets ? Look short.
Yeah it is. It does stop a couple of
Centimetres before the partition. I’ll have a look tomorrow, see if it looks right elsewhere, I didn’t take much notice, the dealership put them in.

Centimetres before the partition. I’ll have a look tomorrow, see if it looks right elsewhere, I didn’t take much notice, the dealership put them in.
Looks a better fit
than the ones I got - mine end about 800mm behind the boards &. the dealer won’t agree that they’ve fitted 680 ones! I ended up cutting them with a Stanley knife

Did Vw provide the carpets as a sweetener for the delay or was it an optional extra?

Looks a better fit
than the ones I got - mine end about 800mm behind the boards &. the dealer won’t agree that they’ve fitted 680 ones! I ended up cutting them with a Stanley knife
Can’t believe you’ve not been able to convince them they are the wrong carpet set Andy. That’s mad.

My gas cupboard, as I have diesel heating you only get the one regulator and no changeover valve or anything else. Obviously can still strap in 2 bottles if needed, but one should do me.

FC5C5D9A-06B0-4431-B42E-3ABD18D253E4.jpeg

The partition boards in my new GC have no holes in, sure I’ve seen earlier models have like oval cut outs in, or did I imagine that?

View attachment 94812
Morning Chis,

The early 600 & 680 had them but so I’m told removed as owner’s tried to use them to get to the bed.
The carpet whether 600 or 680 stops about 30 mm short. However would not be without one for the winter.

Will

Morning Chis,

The early 600 & 680 had them but so I’m told removed as owner’s tried to use them to get to the bed.
The carpet whether 600 or 680 stops about 30 mm short. However would not be without one for the winter.

Will
That makes sense Will, they would be tempting steps I guess, hadn’t considered that!
Very happy with the carpet set.

Morning Chis,

Will
Off topic, you may find these helpful for the galley worktop.

image.jpg

My gas cupboard, as I have diesel heating you only get the one regulator and no changeover valve or anything else. Obviously can still strap in 2 bottles if needed, but one should do me.
A large gaslight bottle from Homebase fits perfectly - weighs a lot less than a steel bottle and are readily available. You do however have to get a different bottle connector. We also carry a 907 from our ocean in there for the bbq as well & have the correct valve to connect that as a back up.

That makes sense Will, they would be tempting steps I guess, hadn’t considered that!
Very happy with the carpet set.
I was tempted to cut the holes in mine to use them as steps, sounds like that’s a bad idea!

I was tempted to cut the holes in mine to use them as steps, sounds like that’s a bad idea!
Someone did that Andy and put blocks either side of the cut out giving more support. But like many others I carry the little steps that also help me with the awning.

What are these and where from, are they rubberised, i can see them being useful.
Hi Phil, they are Brabantia rubber draining matts. Mine came from JL sure you could get them via Amazon.

Thanks Jester, got some from JL along with some non-slip drawer mats, trivets, Mundane but useful.

Hi Chris guess your not needling a link now. What you see there is my robust summer carpet/Matt like had it made to measure it’s like a woven straw but synthetic as the real stuff if it gets wet shrinks and goes mouldy.

image.jpg

image.jpg

View attachment 94812
Hi Chris, both of our 2021 vans had no holes. On the second, they were actually missing and new ones were ordered - I think the holes were only for early models / photos - like the 2 door Toilet cupboard - only 1 on our vans. I think the brochure still shows 2?

Hi Chris, both of our 2021 vans had no holes. On the second, they were actually missing and new ones were ordered - I think the holes were only for early models / photos - like the 2 door Toilet cupboard - only 1 on our vans. I think the brochure still shows 2?
Thanks Alun, hadn’t noticed the cupboard door in the photos, but remembered seeing the slots in the partitions.
Hope all good with you.

Hi Alun, on both of my 600’s it had the holes but as you say on the 680 MY 21 it has none. Both 600’s only had 1 toilet cupboard door.

Will