Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Partnumber dashboard cover

Tycho

Tycho

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hello, i am in need of some help.

We own a T5 2006 Cali (lefthand drive, we are Dutch) and i need the partnumber of one of those small dashboard covers. The previous owner drilled a hole in one to put a usb cable through it. A bit rough and not a very nice job. Now i want to buy a new cover to plug the hole and thats where te trouble starts.
Our dashboard is the one where all the small covers are of a different shape. All i can find are the square covers. Because of the drilled hole the original partnumber is gone, i can only see the first and last numbers. These are: 7H....23H. It is the cover in de left top side.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Tycho20231220_205706.jpg

Look on the back of the plastic casting , here is normally a part number imprinted in the part

Look on the back of the plastic casting , here is normally a part number imprinted in the part
The previous owner drilled the hole through the VW part number, and his vehicle is 2006 vintage.

We own a T5 2006 Cali (lefthand drive, we are Dutch) and i need the partnumber of one of those small dashboard covers. The previous owner drilled a hole in one to put a usb cable through it. A bit rough and not a very nice job. Now i want to buy a new cover to plug the hole and thats where te trouble starts.
Our dashboard is the one where all the small covers are of a different shape. All i can find are the square covers. Because of the drilled hole the original partnumber is gone, i can only see the first and last numbers. These are: 7H....23H. It is the cover in de left top side.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
TychoView attachment 117482
I think this may be the Part you are looking for. VW Part number is. 7H0 959 623

The previous owner drilled the hole through the VW part number, and his vehicle is 2006 vintage.
Pop out the one next to / above etc one that doesn’t have a hole in it ?

Last edited:
Thanks WelshGas, this might be the one. Looks a bit square on the pics, but the numbers seem to match. This gives me a new start to the search.
How did you find it?

Thanks,
Tycho
Easy to find the Blanks, but the vehicle year is important.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
TychoView attachment 117482
From the user manual can you determine what switch the blank would have been there and for which function? Or from parts diagram can you determine the location the blank was in?

2006 Cali Parts Diagram in link below (LLLPARTS) , this shows locations and also function the blank replaces.

A

Pop out the one next to / above etc one that doesn’t have a hole in it ?
That sadly does not work. The covers are all of a different shape with some sharp and rounded corners, some straight and some slightly curved sides. They only fit in one position.
Thanks,
Tycho

Thanks for all the help. The partnumbers seem to have changed a little bit over time. Finaly went for the partnr as shown on LLLPARTS. The number is the same as my part only the last lettercode is different.
We will see what the mailman brings us.
Keep you posted

Greets,
Tycho

Thanks for all the help. The partnumbers seem to have changed a little bit over time. Finaly went for the partnr as shown on LLLPARTS. The number is the same as my part only the last lettercode is different.
We will see what the mailman brings us.
Keep you posted

Greets,
Tycho
All turned out nice. Recieved the correct part. No longer a gaping hole in the dash. Thanks all for the help!

20240113_124247.jpg

Back