Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Passenger mirror light

C

choplee

Guest User
Just a quickie ..... Passenger mirror light comes on when you drop the sun visor and open the mirror flap ... When I close the mirror flap it stays on and only goes off when I close up the sun visor ,so is on all the time the visit down
Is this correct ???
The driver light only comes on when mirror flap open and turns off when its closed ...

Re: Passenger mirror light

Nooo something else for Alex to look at next week it's knackered it should go off like the
Passenger side when the mirror closes not the visor :thumb unless mine's wrong :laugh2 :laugh2

Yup... shouldn't be like that.

Fairly common problem, probably around 20% of Cali owners I've spoken to about it have this issue.

Both mine do it... but go off if the visor is pushed further forward. never really worried me.

Rgds
Mark

SimplyDubs said:
Yup... shouldn't be like that.

Fairly common problem, probably around 20% of Cali owners I've spoken to about it have this issue.

Both mine do it... but go off if the visor is pushed further forward. never really worried me.

Rgds
Mark

It's just a pain if the wife has her visor down I can see it out the corner of my the sodding light on.... Lol
Easy fix ?

mine's ok :bananadance :bananadance

Thats DSG-4Motion for you lol :laugh2 :laugh2

choplee said:
It's just a pain if the wife has her visor down I can see it out the corner of my the sodding light on.... Lol
Easy fix ?

New visor, micro switch in it goes, you'll probably find that squeezing the visor make it turn off sometimes... very easy fix.

we noticed this fault as soon as we picked up our Cali...dealership simply replaced unit whilst I had a coffee in their lounge / waiting area :thumb
blimey that was a year ago now GULP!!!!

Just checked my 6 month old Cali - same fault! Would never have noticed but this thread prompted me to check - thanks!
- Nick

nickstjt said:
Just checked my 6 month old Cali - same fault! Would never have noticed but this thread prompted me to check - thanks!
- Nick

Someone did say if you push the visor fully forward it goes off and it does ,but its still not right as the wife is short and needs the visor pointing downwards

Gary&Heather said:

Gary :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance

That's a bold statement - are you suggesting the addition of a 4 wheel drive system and a type of gearbox that eliminates the need for a clutch pedal is the answer?

i don't disbelieve you, maybe Lee should have gone for a nice colour like Toffee Brown and $ Motion as well as DSG.

:laugh2 :laugh2

James

Custard said:
Gary&Heather said:

That's a bold statement - are you suggesting the addition of a 4 wheel drive system and a type of gearbox that eliminates the need for a clutch pedal is the answer?

i don't disbelieve you, maybe Lee should have gone for a nice colour like Toffee Brown and $ Motion as well as DSG.

James

No not at all James but that said....... :laugh2 :laugh2

Gary&Heather said:
Custard said:
Gary&Heather said:

James

No not at all James but that said....... :laugh2 :laugh2

I have to say, can't argue with the evidence...

:)

lol

James

Was going for a limited edition Cali with more driver interaction for a younger driver that has a lot of brain power to use while driving .....not quite ready for a self drive campervan yet ... Lol lol :)

Light still staying on ....pmsl

Custard has yours got visor lights ??

choplee said:
Was going for a limited edition Cali with more driver interaction for a younger driver that has a lot of brain power to use while driving .....not quite ready for a self drive campervan yet ... Lol lol :)

I have and mine work okay - I did check yesterday, like you say if you push the mirro up they go off but mine only come on when you slide open the mirror.

choplee said:

Lee they may be automatic so you can save on brain power and get moore interaction with the cali with you being a younger driver....lol :laugh2 :laugh2

guess what!
checked today and fault is back.
will get dealer to come and collect it and replace again...think I may hasle about tailgate props whilst at it!
(yes my dealership comes out and takes the bus away to fix and brings back..thats what I call service!)

Gary&Heather said:
choplee said:

Lee they may be automatic so you can save on brain power and get moore interaction with the cali with you being a younger driver....lol :laugh2 :laugh2

I think I'll end up taking the bulb out ,as all this automatic stuff seems to brake more the the good old skool manual stuff .... Lol lol :)

Back