Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sun visor light not turning off.

paulevans

paulevans

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
My first post here and I'm hoping that one of you seasoned vets will be able to help.

On a recent outing my wife noticed that the light in the passenger sun visor was on when the slider over the mirror was closed. On checking the slider is quite stiff, but the light is on. We recently had a flat battery and I'm wondering if this might gave been the cause.

Anyone else had this issue?

Hello Paul and welcome. I've not had this problem. I've just been out to see if it comes on with the ignition off, and it does, which surprised me.

If it's any help, mine goes off when there is still about a centimetre of mirror visible.

I didn't check how, but maybe you could take the bulb out until you get it sorted?

Colin

My first post here and I'm hoping that one of you seasoned vets will be able to help.

On a recent outing my wife noticed that the light in the passenger sun visor was on when the slider over the mirror was closed. On checking the slider is quite stiff, but the light is on. We recently had a flat battery and I'm wondering if this might gave been the cause.

Anyone else had this issue?

We had this problem from new. It appears to be quite common, and the sun visor was replaced under warranty. It is a sealed unit that cannot be fixed.

This has only just started happening in mine this weekend when I was trying to put up the front blind. Is it a dodgy switch in the visor hinge?

This has only just started happening in mine this weekend when I was trying to put up the front blind. Is it a dodgy switch in the visor hinge?
David, I too have this problem; blind fully closed or fully open and the light goes off but any mid point and the light stays on. How did you solve this? Was a complete change of the blind required as suggested above?
Any other solutions people?

It was unfortunately a new sun visor at £100 a pop fitted. That was at Birmingham VW, it may be cheaper elsewhere or fitted yourself if you have those skills, I don't.

It was unfortunately a new sun visor at £100 a pop fitted. That was at Birmingham VW, it may be cheaper elsewhere or fitted yourself if you have those skills, I don't.
Thank you David. £100!. I'll just stick some tape over the light then...

Better still, take the bulb out. No chance of a flat battery then.
No chance of flat battery if visor is fully closed or open...

My OCD could cope with neither, it is either working properly or it does not exist, there is no middle ground :)

I would much prefer to have it repaired, but at £100, it can wait until it drives me (more) bonkers...